LX. The Sanctuary of Death

"We want to generate trade

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"We want to generate trade. Gregory does," Jesus explains to the group, the tension in the hallway palpable after the women informed them of how the meeting with Gregory went. "But ammo isn't something we urgently need."

Rick sits on the armrest of the couch, his arms crossed as he leans forward, his face a mask of contemplation. "Well, how's that?"

"The walls hold," Jesus points out, his gaze shifting between Madeleine and Daryl, both of whom wear expressions of annoyance. "We just brought in more medicine. Gregory wants the best deal possible."

Daryl paces the hallway with a glare, the frustration evident in the tight set of his jaw. "Yeah, well, we want things, too."

Rick interjects, his voice firm, "We need food."

"We came all this way, we're gonna get it," Madeleine speaks calmly, though underneath her composure, anger simmers. She meets Rick's gaze with determination. "So, talk to him and work something out. We won't be leaving until then."

The discussion is momentarily interrupted as a man walks through the front door, prompting Gregory to emerge from his office in a rush. His eyes widen in alert, sensing that something is amiss.

Gregory narrows his eyes at the man, demanding, "What's wrong?" The urgency in his voice is met with a stoic expression from the man who just entered.

"They're back."

Madeleine furrows her eyebrows, exchanging a quick glance with Daryl. Gregory leads the way, striding purposefully outside with the man at his side. Madeleine trails behind them, her senses on high alert, the rest of the group following suit.

As two men and a woman come into view, Gregory's concern deepens. "Nathan, what happened to everybody else?" he questions, his voice a mix of worry and impatience.

"They're dead," Nathan deadpans, the words hanging heavily in the air.

"Negan?"

Madeleine's gaze shifts to Daryl, the weight of the name settles in, and she instinctively reaches for her gun, mirroring her father's protective gesture.

Nathan confirms with a nod, "Yeah."

Gregory shakes his head in confusion. "We had a deal," he protests, his frustration evident.

"He said it wasn't enough," the other man interjects. "Was the drop light?"

"No."

"They still have Craig," the woman speaks up, her voice carrying a hint of desperation.

Nathan steps forward, his expression hardened. "They said they'd keep him alive, return him to us, if I deliver a message to you." He takes a few dangerous steps closer to Gregory, his eyes locked onto the man who holds the fate of their friend.

Gregory responds with a nonchalant shrug, his tone slightly dismissive. "So, tell me."

"I'm sorry."

With an abrupt movement, Nathan stabs Gregory, and before chaos can fully erupt, Esperanza acts swiftly. Her gun aims true, a shot piercing the air as she fires at the man in the shoulder. Gregory stumbles back, grimacing in pain, while Michonne and Rick intervene to prevent the other man from harming Gregory. Daryl steps forward, his gun pointed at the woman who watches her friends struggle.