LXXII. The Beginning of a War

As they sit facing each other on the middle of the bed, Daryl's lips find their way to Madeleine's shoulder, planting tender kisses along her skin

As they sit facing each other on the middle of the bed, Daryl's lips find their way to Madeleine's shoulder, planting tender kisses along her skin. The only barrier between them is the soft embrace of the bedsheets, their bodies pressed together, skin to skin, as they bask in the warmth of the morning sun filtering through the window.

Madeleine lets her head fall back, allowing Daryl greater access to her neck, a soft sigh escaping her lips as his lips meet her skin. Each touch ignites a fire within them, sending shivers of pleasure coursing through their bodies. They lose themselves in the moment, the outside world fading away as they revel in each other's body for endless hours.

When Daryl pulls away, their eyes meet, a small smile pressing on the corner of her lips. With a gentle yet firm touch, he lays her back onto the bed, his body hovering over hers as he straddles her. Their gazes lock, filled with desire and longing, as they surrender to the passion that consumes them.

Suddenly, the door bursts open and the intrusion shatters the intimate atmosphere, catching the couple off guard as Daryl falls to the side. With a startled gasp, she quickly covers herself, her annoyance evident as she stares at Rick, who hastily averts his eyes in embarrassment.

"What the hell is going on?!" Madeleine exclaims, her voice tinged with irritation at the unexpected interruption. "Somebody better be dying!"

"I heard you scream..." Rick trails off awkwardly, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment as he keeps his back turned to them. "I'm... I'm just going to go."

"Yes, please, dad, leave," Madeleine agrees, her tone dripping with sarcasm as she watches Rick retreat from the room, closing the door behind him.

As the door closes behind him, Madeleine lets out a frustrated sigh, her irritation at the situation evident. With a shake of her head, she turns her attention back to Daryl, her annoyance momentarily forgotten as he bursts out laughing, laying side by side before she turns to the side and places a hand on his chest.

Daryl wraps his arm around her, his touch gentle as he brushes her short hair, the soft strands tickling his fingers as she lays her head against his shoulder. "You ready for tomorrow, ma'am?" he murmurs, his voice a soothing rumble in the quiet of the room.

"Always," she whispers back, her words muffled against his chest before she lifts her head, meeting his gaze with affection. "I know it was hard for you too. I know what they did to you," she continues, her voice heavy with empathy. "None of it was your fault. You were protecting me, protecting Rosita... you were being you. I wish you could see yourself the way I do."

Madeleine looks away briefly, but their eyes soon lock once more, a silent understanding passing between them as she cups his cheek, a small smile playing on her lips.

Daryl's lips twitch into a brief smile at her words, gratitude and admiration shining in his eyes as she leans down to press a kiss to his lips. "Why did you make the deal with him? He could've hurt you," he asks, his voice tinged with concern.