LXVII. The Allience of Enemies

The Saviors saunter into the Sanctuary, their presence commanding attention as they stride with an air of authority, weapons glinting ominously in their grasp

The Saviors saunter into the Sanctuary, their presence commanding attention as they stride with an air of authority, weapons glinting ominously in their grasp. As they pass by the workers, a few souls bow their heads in deference, a silent acknowledgment of the power they wield and the fear they instill.

Madeleine's gaze remains fixed on Sergio as he hauls Eugene out of the back of the truck, the muffled cries of Eugene echoing in the air like a haunting refrain as Negan casually drapes an arm around Madeleine, his touch both possessive and chilling as he guides her towards the looming entrance of the sanctuary. With each step she takes, she can feel the tendrils of Negan's control wrapping tighter around her, threatening to consume her whole.

The sight that greets them inside is a chilling reminder of the power Negan wields. Madeleine's eyes narrow as she observes the people kneeling in deference at his presence, their faces a mix of fear and resignation. Meanwhile, Negan's soldiers bustle about, bringing the spoils of their latest raid from Alexandria into the sanctuary, their movements swift and efficient.

Negan leans casually against the metal rails, his presence commanding the attention of the workers below. "I want you all to welcome our newest member," he announces, his voice carrying across the sanctuary. "Her name is Death. Soon enough, she will be like the rest of you." His smirk widens as he gazes down at the kneeling workers, reveling in their subservience. "Who are you?"

"Negan."

"As you were." With a dismissive wave of his hand, he signals for them to resume their tasks as his gaze lingers on Madeleine, anticipation dancing in his eyes as he awaits her reaction. "I'm taking it you are absolutely speechless by my awesomeness."

Madeleine rolls her eyes in before turning around, her gaze landing on Simon rushing over to them with a look of urgency etched across his features. Negan raises an eyebrow at the sight of Simon's approach, while Madeleine tilts her head to the side, her curiosity piqued as she observes Simon's demeanor.

"Fat Joey is dead."

Negan lets out a dramatic sigh, shaking his head in mock disappointment as he shifts the bat over his shoulder. "Now that's a damn shame," he remarks, his tone dripping with sarcasm and indifference.

Simon's gaze drops in shame as he continues, "Sherry is missing as well. What should we do?"

Negan's anger simmers beneath the surface, evident in the fierce shake of his head at Simon's words, "You, nothing, not anymore."  he growls before a smirk replaces his expression as he leans in closer to Madeleine, wrapping an arm possessively around her, and she notices Keisha and Alita watching from a distance, and Simon's brow furrows in confusion, his eyes darting between Negan and Madeleine. "Death is going to work as a top rank, my second right -hand man." Negan continues, his tone chillingly casual as Simon's eyes widen in surprise, "Don't worry, you still have your job. You just matter a little less now."