XI. The Shadow of the Deadly Arrow

The secrets within the group continue to build, leaving Madeleine increasingly suspicious and curious about what might be going on behind the scenes

Madeleine's internal struggle with the secrets kept from her by Rick and Lori continues to weigh heavily on her. Her upbringing taught her the importance of survival and the sometimes necessary act of bending the truth. She's been raised to understand the necessity of withholding the truth in dire situations, but it still bothers her when she feels there's no apparent reason for the secrecy.

Still, discovering hidden truths from those she trusts most leaves a bitter taste in her mouth.

The Grimes women keeps a close eye on Glenn and Lori, sensing that they are hiding something significant. Her instincts tell her that whatever they're keeping from her might be significant, and she's determined to uncover the truth.

Meanwhile, the rest of the group is gathered up to determine which areas to go through to find Sophia since Daryl's clue was more than helpful, whilst a few of them will be going to the shooting lessons Rick and Shane prepared.

Madeleine creeps up on Glenn, startling him while he's handing out peaches around the camp.

"Jesus! Where did you come from?"

Madeleine narrows her eyes at him, crossing her arms, "The other side of the camp. What are you hiding, Glenn?"

Glenn shakes his head, stammering through his words. "Me? I'm not hiding anything. Nothing. Nothing at all. I have to go."

The women watches him rush away from her, calling out for him. "You know I'll find out sooner or later, right?"

"Hopefully soon." Glenn mutters under his breath.

Madeleine watches Glenn hurry away at a quicker pace, her mind filled with suspicion about what he and Lori might be hiding. The thought of them keeping secrets from her gnaws at her, especially given Glenn's reputation for not keeping secrets very well. She contemplates how to approach the situation and find out what's going on, knowing the best way is to go straight into the lion's den.

She attempts to walk toward Lori who is feeding the chickens with her younger brother when Shane steps in front of her, she tries to step around him but he blocks her way again.

"I'm five seconds away from making sure you never do that again." Madeleine spits out, the man rolling his eyes at her.

"Carl had a gun."

"He had what?! How the hell did this happen?" She raises her voice, her eyes landing on Carl who looks down in shame. "Are all of you fucking amateurs?"

Lori is taken aback by Madeleines' outburst, able to hear it from the other side of the farm, not fully understanding the source of her frustration. She knows that the truth will have to come out eventually, and it's weighing on her heavily. Lori is aware that the longer they keep this secret, the harder it will be to explain to Madeleine.