Chapter seven

Wednesday's POV

I'm layed on the grass in front of Crackstone's Crypt. Where me and Y/n used to spend a lot of our time together.

"Enid told me you left the dorm cos you were upset."

I sit up and see Y/n.

"Yeah... I'm fine." I say.

Y/n sits down next to me.

"I nearly didn't come here because of how much time we spent here together. Brings back memories." Y/n says.

I stay silent.

"I want to forgive you."

I look at her. She looks at me.

"I really do. I want to forgive you and move past everything but i can't bring myself to do it for some reason. It just..."

She sighs and looks away.

"It hurts too much." Y/n says.

I look away.

"I'm sorry i did what i did to you. I've tried to think of a valid excuse but no matter how hard i try, no excuse is good enough. Truth be told, i dont have a reason for it. It just... i just said it. I know this apology wont be good enough and i accept that. I am going to try to figure out a decent apology that could be slightly accepted. No matter how long that takes." I say.

She looks at me.

"Will you ever have a reason for it?" Y/n asks.

I look at her and then down. Y/n nods.

"Okay. You shouldn't stay out here. It's not as safe out here as it used to be." Y/n says.

She still cares for me.

"I'm fine." I say.

"Now even for you that typically means 'i just need a hug'." Y/n says.

I look at her. I stand and try walking away.

"Wednesday!"

I look at her and sigh.

"I don't need a hug." I say.

She hugs me. I feel my heart sink in my chest. God...

I hug back. I cant get back with her... i have to push it away... i did what i did for a reason.

I pull back from the hug. Y/n looks at me.

"Look. Just go back to the school. I don't care where in the school you go. Just go back to the school." Y/n says.

I just nod. We head back to Nevermore but go our separate ways. I go back to my dorm. Y/n is going to be with Xavier. Of course...

I open my door and slam it behind me.

"Weds?"

It's Enid. I can't talk about Y/n the way i was going to write about her.

"Sorry. I shut the door too hard." I say.

I sit at my desk and put my head down. Enid sits on my desk.

"She went to see you. What happened?" Enid asks.

"I apologised." I say.

"What did she say?" Enid asks.

"I want to forgive you, I really do. I want to forgive you and move past everything but i can't bring myself to do it for some reason. It just hurts too much."

"Wow... you remembered all that?" Enid asks.

"It hurt for some reason. It stung. I felt my heart shatter in my chest when she said it. I dont even have a reason to be upset about it. Then she hugged me." I say.

"Did you hug back?" Enid asks.

I nod.

"I did. But..."

I lift my head up.

"I have to tell you something." I say.

"Okay?" Enid asks.

"It's the reason i broke up with Y/n." I say.

Your POV

"-and then i hugged her." I say.

"You hugged her?" Xavier asks.

"Yeah. She was upset and i just did it." I say.

"It's a manipulation tactic Y/n." Xavier says.

"That's harsh." I say.

"But it is. It's her trying to get you back after she destroyed you the way she did." Xavier says.

"It's not. We were... Enid told me to go see her because she was where we used to hang out all the time. And she apologised and i asked if she had an excuse but she just looked down. She needed a hug and i gave her a hug." I say.

"All I'll say is just be careful. I dont want to see you hurt again." Xavier says.

"I wont let myself get hurt again, Xavier. I wont let myself open up like i did before." I say.

"No that's not what i was going for. Open up. But dont get hurt." Xavier says.

"Whenever i open up, i get hurt. So no more opening up." I say.

"Y/n-"

"It's fine. Anyway. We have to go back to Nevermore before the final bus is gone." I say.

We're in The Weathervane.

"Okay." Xavier says, sounding a little defeated.

"I'm sorry. I just... I'm.... i want to just... go back to normal." I say.

We pay and leave. We get back to Nevermore and go to our own dorms.

Enid's POV

"Are you serious Weds?" I ask.

"Yes. I wouldn't lie about this." Weds says.

"You broke up with Y/n because of that?" I ask.

She nods.

"I wish i didn't. I love her and i think i have since i layed my eyes on her. But i just..."

She sighs.

"I let it take over. And now there's no going back." Weds says.

"There is going back though." I say.

"Do you have a time machine in your back pocket?" Weds asks.

"No, Weds. Talk to her. Tell her the real reason. I'm sure she'll forgive you. All Y/n wants to do is go back to normal. You're her normal. Your relationship is Y/n's normal. And she just wants things to be normal again." I say.

"She wont take me back. Even if i try as hard as i physically can. She wants to forgive me but it hurts too much. That's without reason. If i tell her the real reason she'll never speak to me again." Weds says.

I sigh.

"I'm stuck." She says.

I wish i could help. I really do. But i just don't know how.

Okay. Finally all caught up. I dont know the reason yet. Haven't really decided. Dont get your hopes up tho cos when i do it'll likely be shit. Aaaanyways. Hope yall enjoyed. Byee :)