Chapter eleven

Your POV

It might not seem like a big thing, but that pen? It's probably the best thing i ever received from Wednesday. It was when she started opening up and out of the blue, got me a pen as a gift. It's small but it was a big thing for her.

And it wasn't like she just went out, got a random pen and i made a big thing out of it. She knew i needed a pen. She knew the type of pen i liked using. And she went out of her way to get me it.

It was the sweetest thing she could've ever possibly done for me.

I just sit and look at the pen. It has something engraved on it. There is no way. I look closer and read what it says.

"I'm sorry, i love you."

My heart sinks in my chest. I put the pen down, put my head in my hands and just cry. Honestly, it's all i can think to do. I manage to calm myself down and wipe my eyes. I look at the flowers. There's a note on it. The one that usually comes with a bouquet of flowers.

I hope the flowers and pen are okay for you.
I'm sorry and i love you.

It's definitely Wednesday's writing. I just sit there and tuck my knees into my chest. I sit for 5 minutes while trying to figure out what to do.

I then decide to call Xavier.

"Hey Y/n."

"Hey. How fast can you get to my dorm?" I ask.

"I'm on my way." Xavier says.

I end the call. 5 minutes pass and there's a knock.

"It's open come in!"

The door opens and there stands... Wednesday.

"Oh.. uhm.. hello." I say.

I suddenly feel a feeling that i felt when i would be around her while we were dating. I don't like this.

"Hello." Wednesday says.

"Feel free to come in and... y'know.. sit down?" I say.

She walks in and shuts the door. She looks at the flowers, pen and note. I wont say anything if she doesn't.

"So uh... you here for any specific reason? Or just to bug me?" I ask.

Wednesday's POV

"So uh... you here for any specific reason? Or just to bug me?" I ask.

Maybe that means something.. she only really talked to me like that when we were playing around and i would just bother her for, as she likes to say, the 'shits and giggles'.

She looks at me.

"I just.. was talking to Xavier earlier. And he says that you're doing a bit better now." I say.

Y/n shrugs.

"I have been worse. But i have also been better. I guess I'm just somewhere in between." Y/n says.

I nod.

"I was wanting to ask you but I've been too annoyed to ask." Y/n says.

"What is it?" I ask.

"How've you been doing?" Y/n asks.

"Oh. I've been okay." I say.

Y/n nods.

"That's good." Y/n says.

I nod. We sit in a, surprisingly, comfortable silence for 5 minutes.

"Do you want to go to The Weathervane tomorrow? With me?" I suggest.

Y/n looks at me.

"Oh uh..."

She sits thinking.

"Yeah. Sure. Why not." Y/n says.

Shit. We're moving now. Things are going the way i need them too. I can get her distracted tomorrow and get her something again.

"Don't feel like you have to. I only want you to come if you want to." I say.

"I want to. It'll be good for us both." Y/n says.

I nod.

"I have my writing hour to do so I'll leave you to.. whatever." I say.

She nods and, for the first time in a bit, smiles and me. I almost smile. I just leave.

I go back to my dorm and Enid looks at me.

"Soo? How did it go?" Enid asks.

"We're going to Jericho. Together." I say.

"She actually said yes?!" Enid asks.

I nod.

"I was just as surprised. She didn't seem as if she wanted to so i told her that if she didn't want to, she shouldn't feel forced to. But she said she did. So we're going together." I say.

Enid smiles.

"I hope things go right for you." Enid says.

Me too.

Things are getting better for Wednesday? Maybe. She's gunna have to try harder than a pen and a bouquet of flowers though thats for certain. Byee :)