Chapter twelve

Wednesday's POV

Me and Y/n are in Jericho. We're at The Weathervane together. Sat across from one another. We have drinks. It's cold so they're hot drinks. I'm going to have to work hard to win her back. But I'm going to do it.

And I'm also going to have to work doubly hard to distract her for long enough to get her another gift.. she's notoriously hard to distract when you're out with her.

Speaking from experience as well. But I'm going to figure it out. She's sat staring out the window. I'm going to take this as an opportunity to get my distraction.

I take my phone out under the table and text both Enid and Xavier. I'm so glad Xavier agreed to my plan. He's my saving grace at this moment.

I text them both.

In Weathervane. Distraction call.

So now i just wait 10 minutes. I put my phone away and Y/n looks at me. I don't actually think she knows those flowers were me. So I'm not going to let slip.

(News flash Wednesday, Y/n knows.)

We talk. It's a little uncomfortable but Y/n is pushing herself away from it. I don't blame her. I really don't. The door opens. There they are.

"Oh hey!" Xavier says.

He walks over with Enid. Y/n seems to loosen up a little. Enid sits next to me and Xavier sits next to her.

"Excuse me. I have to go take care of something. Enid I'm going to need your help with it." I say.

"What about our hanging out?" Y/n asks.

She looks at me with that look on her face. The look that always makes me feel so guilty every time she looks at me the way she just did.

"She'll make it up to you. I'll make sure of that." Enid says.

Y/n nods. She actually looks kind of sad. Like she wanted to hang out with me. I put down the money on the table for mine and Y/n's drinks.

"If there is any change, keep it." I say.

She nods. Me and Enid leave.

"You froze up. What just happened?" Enid asks.

"It was the look on her face. Almost as if she didn't want me to leave. I don't know. Maybe I'm overthinking it." I say.

"You might not be. I noticed it too but we've got a job to do so be guilty later." Enid says.

We start walking to this shop that Y/n buys a lot of her none school uniform clothes from. There was a jacket she saw while we were together, just a few months ago, that she fell in love with but neither of us could afford it.

I've requested the money from my mother and father to buy the jacket. They are unaware that we broke up. So they happily sent me the $175 to buy my girlfriend the jacket.

"You've seen the jacket so you go grab it." Enid says.

We go over to the jacket.

"Wow okay yeah i see why she likes it." Enid says.

We grab the jacket and go to the till.

"Ah you've returned for the jacket finally." The lady says.

I nod. She smiles and rings it up. She bags the jacket and i pay for it. My parents gave me $200. So me and Enid still have $25 to work with to get her something else.

We leave.

"Okay. You still have $25. What about that ring she found?" Enid asks.

"Should i buy her a ring for $25? Or should i go all out and buy her a proper ring?" I ask.

"Hm.. would you be able to convince your parents to send you more money for an expensive ring?" Enid asks.

"If i say it's for Y/n, they'd give me their entire bank account. They've told ne before that they're happy that I'm dating someone who's like Y/n." I say.

"Okay. Lets find a decent ring. Get a box for it and then make a b-line for Nevermore. We'll message Xavier when we get to Y/n's dorm. That'll give us enough time to put the stuff in her room and get out before she sees us." Enid says.

I nod. Enid takes me to this super nice jewllery store. The cheapest ring in here is $5,000.

"I like this one." I say.

"Do you think Y/n will like it?" Enid asks.

I nod.

"Then get that one."

I call my mother. Asking for the money. And she sends it no questions asked. We have to wait 10 minutes or so and then we get the ring. We get a box for it and then we leave.

"Wait wait we need like a little card thing. Like the one you got with those flowers." Enid says.

We go grab a little card thing and go back to Nevermore. We get to Y/n's dorm and i unlock her door. We go in. I sign the card. We set the jacket out on the bed. I then put the card and the ring.

"Does that look good?" I ask.

"It looks expensive as all shit." Enid says.

"Enid is the set up good!" I say.

"Sorry, yes. Yes it looks good! Now lets go!" Enid says.

We leave Y/n's dorm. I lock the door and message Xavier. Here we go.

Oh hello! Fancy seeing you lot here! Welcome back!!!! I just had to read through the whole book to catch up on everything. I'm now caught up and will be updating this book more often.

Also, $175 jacket and a $5,000 ring? I'm on my knees for you atp. Married, holding your children. Stay at home parent type shit.

Wednesday is slowly gunna win Y/n back. But definitely not yet. Byeeee :)