Remember to microwave your daily Mingi before consuming :)

And yes to those who know simplified chinese/ Mandarin, I did make that joke and you can't fucking stop me :P

-Scarlet<33

It had only been 3 days since they had been rescued, but San and Mingi truly fit in around there. "Hey!~" Mingi chased Jiwoon around and they laughed and giggled together as if they'd known each other for years, and San was teaching some of the kids some math, the little bits of algebra and basic multiplication, along with a slight knowledge of how statistics and probability worked. As the eldest, he knew he had to take charge around there as everyone was a year or 4 younger than him.

Hongjoong would sometimes join in, teaching basic finances and more street smarts than book smarts. But soon he was shooed away by Jessica, who insisted on reclaiming her teaching job, and sent Hongjoong away today to find more supplies. To which he complied.

He hit up the vendors he usually did, stopping at the local Miller's Clothing and Art to nick some clothes for San and Mingi, he had asked their size, and they had no idea, so he just decided to go on a hunch. Hongjoong flirted with the cashier as he stuffed the clothes into his bag under the counter, the cashier not even noticing too lost in his eyes. "Okay, I've gotta go, hopefully I see you soon," he winks at the girl, and she winks back. Hongjoong quickly dashed into the next shop and mimed gagging. "Disgustang," he then realised he was in the wrong shop, and was getting weird looks. He smiled at the people just OGLING at him, then quickly back out of this shop and quickly covered his face and walked away.

 "That was so embarrassing," he quickly walked past a TV emporium, where a crowd was gathering, and several people were sobbing. "Wait...crying?" Hongjoong was confused at the least, and severely concerned at the most. He backtracked and shoved through the crowd, eager to see what they were so concerned about and he saw the news headline and gasped.

 He backtracked and shoved through the crowd, eager to see what they were so concerned about and he saw the news headline and gasped

(Y'all I tried mah best 😔) (EDIT: I GOT BETTER AT CANVA BUT I CAN'T BE BOTHERED.)

Hongjoong was shocked as the message suddenly clicked off, and the shop's owner shooed everyone off, dabbing his own eyes with a tissue. 

"The late king's son...Park Seonghwa?" Hongjoong thought as he scurried off back to the slums, making sure to take anything that was available to steal, "that would be an easy gig..." he thought as he leapt onto the roof of a civilians home, who began shouting at him until they saw the knife in his belt. "I have to consult Jessica."
And with that final thought he sped off back home, ready to have a sit down with his older advisor, and one of his closest friends.

┉┈◈♛◈┈┉

Hongjoong had been thinking for over a few days now. The kids had been asking to play with him, but he said he was too busy, and spent the hours planning, then coming down for a late dinner, the more planning. "Jessie, it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity!" Hongjoong whined as he spun around in his chair once again, this time facing Jessica, who had a very unimpressed look on her face. "Respectively, Captain what the fuck are you even thinking?!" she slammed her hands down onto the table and faced him with a glare.

 "Do you have a death wish?! This is a one time opportunity to die at the hands of the royal soldiers, not to be a hero!" Jessica began to walk away from the table, but not before saying, "I know you're not gonna listen, so I'll take care of everything while you're gone."

┉┈◈◉◈┈┉

"I'll be back in at least 4 days Jiwoon, no, no don't cry!" Hongjoong was trying to comfort the kids who most definitely did NOT want him to leave. "No Stace, not you too Mingi!" Hongjoong sighed as all of the kids except for San began to cry. "San can you help make them understand?" Hongjoong begged San to help get them under control but San just shook his head, what was he going to do?

"Jessie, please," Hongjoong turned to Jessica and went down on his knees and clasped his hands together and looked up at her with puppy eyes. "Fine, just get going!" she caved into his pleading and began rounding up the kids. Hongjoong was just about to leave when Mingi broke off from the group and hugged Hongjoong around the waist. "Why do you have to go?!" Mingi cried into his shirt. 

"I can make this place like new Mingi, we won't need to steal, we don't need to deal with crime ourselves! You could have the best clothes, I'm doing this for everyone okay? We need this money," Hongjoong picked him up and hugged him. It had only been a few weeks since coming to the Community Home, but San and Mingi had both gotten very attached to Hongjoong, almost as attached as Jiwoon. 

"O-Okay, but please be quick," Mingi hugged him one last time around the neck before hopping off and sprinting over to San to hold his hand and go inside. A few tears escaped Hongjoong's eyes as he jumped up onto a roof and made his way to the market doubting himself completely.

But by the time he made it to the clothing vendor, that doubt was gone, and replaced with an intense determination to make this trip fast.

This was a little short of my usual word quota for this book, but the next episode is going to be LONG so I guess it's a sort of prelude to it

AND CHILD MINGI IS TOO CUTEEE

-Scarlet/Rain