KIM HONGJOONG TAKE MY SANITY I BEG OF YOU

-Scarlet/Rain<33

"No, no, NO!" Hongjoong writhed in the arms of the guards as they dragged him to his cell, his feet bouncing on the grimy stairs. "Shut UP!" a guard kicked Hongjoong in the side, which caused him to cry out in pain, the flashbacks getting triggered constantly, and when they arrived at his cell, they threw him in roughly, his head hitting the side of the metal bed frame, probably leaving a scar as it bled slowly, and Hongjoong curled up into a ball.

And began to cry.

"Fuck, I promised!" he sobbed out as the guards marched out, but one at the end of the line lingered for a bit, before asking, "Promised what?"

Hongjoong scowled through his tears, the guilt affecting him more than anything, and said, "I promised them I would be back at most in 4 days," his voice cracked at the word 'promise' and it caused him to turn away. "Who?" the guy questioned further, taking a step forward towards the bars, but Hongjoong refused to talk, he just muffled his sobs into his now empty bag, and the man just sighed and left.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" Hongjoong hit his head with his fist over and over again. How could he have been so STUPID?! How careless, how unintelligent, how imbecilic, how untrustworthy, how disappointing could one person be? Getting himself caught right when he was about to leave. He just HAD to get that last buck, that last room, and that was the one that screwed him over.

And he might never see anyone ever again.

┉┈◈♛◈┈┉

"What did you just say?" Seonghwa was fully clothed this time (thank god) and still deathly confused. "Your majesty-"

"Don't call me that...but continue," Seonghwa sat tensely as the one of the guards recounted what had happened as they escorted the thief to the dungeons. "He kept on crying and screaming 'I promised, I promised I'd be back in time' and 'they'll die without me, they need me' over and over again," the head guard said concernedly, almost as if he thought the thief was insane. 

"That's...odd," Seonghwa was also concerned, the thief was a good looking man, but he looked scruffy and a little mean, and he looked like he knew what he was doing. Seonghwa began pacing back in forth in front of his bed. "Sir!" another guard came running into his room, the other guards whipped around confused. "Yunho?!" the head guard exclaimed, the guard grabbing onto the guard who had just entered. "Yes father?" Yunho responded, and the elder guard dragged him off to probably scold his child.

"He seems pretty young to be a guard..." Seonghwa muttered, yet another way his parents would be controlling fucks, eager for cash, well at least his mother was. "Yes, chief's son is 14, and was eager to become a guard," one guard, further at the back, called over. But as soon as the chief had come back, with his son clearly eager to tell Seonghwa something.

"Sir! I have something to tell you about the guy in the dungeon!" the Yunho kid rushed forward and Seonghwa nodded. "Okay, everyone is dismissed," the guards went off, returning to their posts around the castle, the kid sat with Seonghwa. "Tell me what you know," Seonghwa leaned forward, and Yunho recounted everything he'd found. "When we were escorting him down, he kept screaming and yelling about how he needed to 'get back to the kids' and that 'he promised to be back' and how 'they'll die without him'," he blurted out, leaning slightly forward.