一六

We're All Mad Here

RMBR TO SHEESH

(Stay Healthy, Eat Everything, Stay Hydrated)

-Scarlet/Rain<33

Seonghwa was freaking out.

"Did he just kiss me?!" he internally screamed, and Hongjoong shifted around, readjusting himself around Seonghwa's body with a contented sigh. Seonghwa didn't want to move in fear of waking the sleeping man. he shut his eyes tight and tried to get to sleep, which was successful until Hongjoong chose the perfect time to snuggle his head into Seonghwa's chest.

He didn't know how to survive the night. (Idk man just check all the cameras and make sure Foxy ain't runnin around)

┉┈◈◉◈┈┉

"Wake up you two!" 

"Come onnn it's not that hard to open some curtains Wooyoung!"

"Excuse me but do you see how big this is-"

"Don't worry I'll do it Wooyoung."

"San you simp."

"Shut up Mingi!"

The bright glare of the sun hit the side of Hongjoong's face, which woke him up immediately. He yawned and tried to roll over, but he was trapped in a pair of arms. He cracked open his eyes and saw Seonghwa's peaceful face directly in front of him. "Awh look at them~" Jessica cooed and Hongjoong pried Seonghwa's arms off of him and sat up angrily.

"Shut it!" Hongjoong whisper yelled and Mingi poked out from behind Jessica with a little grin. Then Wooyoung and San came back from the balcony where it seems like they were... actually, no idea what they were doing. Yunho walked out from behind them with an adorable happy look. "Can I come in?" Mingi pointed to the bed and Hongjoong nodded. 

"Just wait a sec-" Hongjoong tried to shift around and move Seonghwa a little bit to the side but he wrapped his arms around Hongjoong's waist in protest, a sleepy frown on his face. "Move over a little-"

"I want to come in too!"

Wooyoung grabbed Mingi's hand and dragged them to the foot of the bed. Seonghwa mumbled a little, "No go away Woo," before snuggling himself back into the bed. Wooyoung frowned. "It's not like he's yours, you never share stuff anyway!"

"Am I an object now?" Hongjoong frowned and Wooyoung hastily backtracked. "That's not what I meant- I just- I give up, can we?" Wooyoung groaned and placed his hands on the bed leaning on it lightly and rocking back and forth. Hongjoong nodded and shuffled to the right, leaving an oddly shaped gap in between him and Seonghwa. 

Mingi and Wooyoung crawled onto the bed and in between them happily. "Hongjoong I thought we were going out today?" Seonghwa muttered indignantly and Hongjoong sighed as he laid down. "Just ten more minutes!" he flicked Seonghwa's nose playfully as he shut his eyes slowly and drifted off again.

...

"It's been ten minutes! Wakey wakey!" Seonghwa's voice pierced Hongjoong's dreamland like the screams of fighting cats pierce the chilly night in the slums. "Fine! I can never get any rest with you around me I swear!"  Hongjoong groaned as he slowly dragged himself off of his bed, Wooyoung and Mingi fast asleep and Seonghwa already fully read in... someone's clothes? 

"Who's clothes are you wearing?" Hongjoong strutted over to him and felt the fabric, it felt rich and strangely strong but fragile. "Jessica said she got it for me!" Seonghwa smiled and Hongjoong frowned. "I could've gotten you clothes if you asked me," he muttered and left to take a shower.

'Wooyoung! Mingi! Get up I need to make the bed you scoundrels!" Seonghwa poked the two sleeping people and they both wiggled around and turned away from him. "I said-"

"Fine!" Wooyoung wrapped his arms around Wooyoung, who got up and dragged him off of the bed. "Thank you," Seonghwa nodded and began making the bed, he'd learnt how to because his dad-

A pang of guilt shot through his body as he thought of his dad's disappointment every time he'd try to leave the castle and explore the city.

It wasn't a good feeling.

"Seonghwa? Why are you just standing there?" Hongjoong came out of the shower with his hair all wet and ready for their day out. "Nothing," Seonghwa forced a smile onto his face and Hongjoong frowned, but dismissed it, understanding that it would be out of line to ask the burning question that plagued him sufficiently.

"Fuck- I've lost my list, have you seen it anywhere?" Hongjoong took large strides to get to ahis bedside table and began rummaging through the papers and books there. "I-I have it," Seonghwa turned around and began looking through his clothes for the list he had pocketed and had now left abandoned.

"Why do you- Oh," Hongjoong mentally face palmed, he was acting irrationally that night and really didn't want to reminisce.

"Here you go," Seonghwa passed the slip of paper to Hongjoong, who took it with a sheepish smile and began walking out. "We need to get to the market first, then we can take Mingi, Wooyoung, Jiwoon, Yunho, San, Stace, Hyejoon, and Donghyun to the lake and the Hallowtide Carnival!" he shouted back to Seonghwa who began to follow him downstairs everyone was looking like a bunch of school kids ready for a field trip with the way they chattered excitedly with each other.

"Okay!" Hongjoong clapped his hands and a hush fell over the group as they happily turned to look at him with full attention, "We're going to hit the market first, me and Seonghwa are going to the library and you guys will head around be your little charmy selves and have fun, Donghyun can you control them?" Hongjoong raised his eyebrow at Donghyun, who nodded warily. 

"I don't know about controlling all of them but... " 

"Okay, the time is-" Hongjoong looked at the grandfather clock that Seonghwa had never noticed before. "How bizarre," Seonghwa thought as Hongjoong tried to read the clock. "I can't read roman numerals, why do we have this again?" Hongjoong groaned and looked a shaking Jessica. She could barely contain all of her snickers as she choked out a little, "It's- nine- AM- God dang it-" she began coughing and Seonghwa also began to snicker as she patted her back.

"Oh be quiet both of you," Hongjoong rolled his eyes at them then turned to the children with a smirk. "Okay let's go!" he herded them out and they all formed a line and left. "We're going to have to get them on the roof... " Hongjoong sighed as he followed them out with Seonghwa right beside him looking like a bodyguard.

"I'm scared to ask, but how are we getting them on the roof and to the market without them falling through a roof like I did?" Seonghwa began overtaking Hongjoong in his stride which pissed Hongjoong off. He jogged a little to catch up. "You'll see!"

"Last time you said that-"

"Oh shut it will you?"

"Okay your majesty."

"Next time you're in trouble I'm not helping-"

"OKAY OKAY I'm sorry~"

Hongjoong pinched Seonghwa's cheek and said, "Now save your breathe for the library, you'll need to read a lot."

"I'm an intellectual what can I say?"

"I regret everything."

Idk I was sick so I tried to write comprehensibly 

It's bad ain't it 😧

Jk THIS WHOLE BOOK IS GOOD BUT BAD