二十一

Gae

RMBR TO SHEESH

(Stay healthy, eat everything, stay hydrated)

-Scarlet/Rain<33

Eventually, they met up with Yeosang and Jongho before the fire show started, Jongho holding up a really fancy looking camera as the performers came out on stage. Soon the stage was ablaze with manipulators, controllers, and producers of fire, not one being left alone, each buffeting each other with their own fantastical displays. 

Seonghwa's eyes lit up like every single child's around him. A little exhale of glee was heard from Jongho, Yeosang's face lit with the purple and blue flames to the left while Wooyoung's face lit with the bright reds and greens on the right.

"Captain," Yunho mumbled, Hongjoong looking away from the display to face him. 

"Yeah?"

Yunho waited for the cheers to die down before continuing, "I know you've been pretty reliable, but I can't seem to trust you completely. But I do know that you're being helpful and that I need to lay off."

"Okay you big puppy," Hongjoong patted Yunho's head before turning back to the display, fire-roses being tossed into the crowd before being extinguished with haste. Hongjoong caught one, handing it nonchalantly to Seonghwa before letting himself relax.

┉┈◈◉◈┈┉

"Odell lake!" Yeosang exclaimed, ripping off his hefty, long-sleeve shirt and over-vest and plunging in. "Is that safe?" Seonghwa watched as San and Mingi plunged in, Hongjoong shrugging. 

"I don't know, it's your kingdom isn't it?" he smirked, Wooyoung looking towards him hopefully. Seonghwa gave him the go ahead and he joined Mingi in splashing around the shallows. "Can you swim?" Hongjoong raised an eyebrow as he stripped his coat off of himself, along with his mask, everything too dark for Seonghwa to make sure Hongjoong saw his nod. 

"Let's-"

"I can't see though!" Jiwoon whined, Hongjoong grinning and grabbing the fire-rose from within Seonghwa's cloak and cracking the stem, the bloom instantly setting ablaze. The orange glow was brighter than a normal flame, because of the infinite source of fuel.

Hongjoong took off his choice of hat, leaving the flower haphazardly leaning against the inside before stripping his pants off and wading out into the water. "San!" he called happily, San paddling over like a cat and clinging onto him as they went deeper. 

Seonghwa watched as Jiwoon went into it fully clothed, which was fair as he only had a pair of thin shorts and a raggedy shirt. "Since you're all kingly and stuff, would you watch Britney for me? She can't swim," Donghyun led everyone in, the sound of children's giggles and cries of laughter ringing through the steamy night air.

Maybe it was the fire-rose's fault.

"Mr King? Can I do your hair?" Britney asked, Seonghwa lowering his hood and nodding with a soft smile on his face. "Do you kids come out here often?" Seonghwa questioned, Britney nodding. "Yes, but not really that often," she mumbled indecisively, "it's usually monthly. Like when Joongie said he was going to take us but then he went to steal from your castle thingy, and he didn't come back."

"Oh," Seonghwa wiped the sweat from his forehead. Wooyoung emerged from the water as Britney finished with his hair.

"Stay away from me," Seonghwa grumbled as Wooyoung crept closer, before he hugged Seonghwa, soaking him through. "Ah!" Seonghwa threw him off of his front, Wooyoung giggling and wiping his hair on the edge of the coat before sinking back into the depths. 

Out of nowhere San also burst out of the water, waving at a Yunho lurking in the shadows. "It's nice!" 

"Can I go in?" Yunho looked towards Seonghwa with accidental puppy eyes, Seonghwa smiling and nodding, Yunho laying his sword carefully by Seonghwa's side and stripping his uniform off, tiptoeing towards the water. 

"It's cold!" he yelped, Hongjoong swimming over, keeping his body under the dark water. "No it's not," Hongjoong started doing push ups semi under the water, Yunho scoffing and submerging himself with him. 

"Why don't you come in?" Hongjoong outstretched a hand to Seonghwa as Yunho began splashing away, San currently being carried by Mingi in the water and Wooyoung watching joyfully. "No," Seonghwa waved him off forlornly, "Britney needs someone to watch her!"

"I can watch myself," Britney scoffed before slapping a hand over her mouth fearfully, "sorry!"

"She's right!" Hongjoong exclaimed, before a loud bang cut him off.

A bright light popped up nearby, everyone's heads turning towards it, it began moving towards them, people also appearing beneath it. "People are coming to the lake, we've gotta split," Donghyun whisper shouted, Hongjoong shaking his head warningly.

"They're too close for that!" he said lowly, looking right into Seonghwa's eyes as he said, "We need to hide in the water."

"But Britney-"

"She can hide in the reeds, can't you Bri?" Hongjoong looked over to Britney, who already gathered everything up, saluting Hongjoong before skittering away. "Seonghwa, just come on!" Hongjoong held out his hand again and waved it frantically, Seonghwa taking his cloak and his mask off with his shoes, balling them tight and tucking them under his arm as he took the hand.

Seonghwa let Hongjoong pull him below, and the group retreated into the darkness.

Britney had extinguished the fire-rose by now, so the other group's light was the only one, and they were a wild one. Even though they moved dangerously far out,  they kept advancing deeper. 

"Hey! Stop it!" one of them giggled, the other jumping on him and plunging them deeper into the water. "You 2! Stop messing around!" the presumed leader of the group led everyone else in, and they stayed for quite a while.

"Are you okay?" Hongjoong whispered, Seonghwa's grimace illuminated by the moonlight slightly. "I'm getting tired of treading water," he responded, Hongjoong looking around worriedly to see if anyone else had the same problem.

"San," Hongjoong nudged San with his foot, "take everyone to the reeds and hide."

Wooyoung looked over tiredly, San grabbing his hand and pulling him away, Mingi already leagues ahead of them, Yunho right next to them.

It helped to have long legs.

The 2 were soon treading water alone, Seonghwa unable to drive himself the distance to the reeds. "Hongjoong I can't keep floating much longer," Seonghwa panted, Hongjoong pulling him back towards the bank desperately, "wai-wait isn't this too-?"

Hongjoong cut him off with a pinch, pulling him over to a shadow area semi-out of sight and letting him crouch to get his breath back. Hongjoong rubbed Seonghwa's soggy back as he caught his breath and massaged his legs. 

"Hey! What are y'all doing over there?!"