十九

Hi

RMBR TO SHEESH

(STAY HEALTHY, EAT EVERYTHING, STAY HYDRATED)

-Scarlet/Rain<33

"Y-Yes we are," Seonghwa bowed too, Jongho springing up and smiling giddily. "Yeo! Yeo did you see?! The king bowed to me! That's crazy!" 

Seonghwa giggled, Yeosang bowing embarrassedly. "You're embarrassing me and yourself man!" he slapped Jongho's arm lightly. "Sorry!

Hongjoong snickered as Yeosang sighed. "Captain, can you come with me?" Yeosang led him away as Jongho and Seonghwa chatted.

"So you're 12 years old?"

"Yep!" 

Hongjoong giggled as their voices faded away, Yeosang smiling a bit by pulling him further away. "You guys should get out of here soon, when I went to collect Jongho from the harbor's pier I saw the royal guards doing checks in every place in the market with posters of you and the king's face," he muttered lowly, Hongjoong's eyes widening. 

"It's all Wade's fault!" Hongjoong scoffed, "It's a good thing that a bunch of kids and a few adults all grouped up together isn't uncommon at the carnival."

"You're going too?" Yeosang smiled, "I'm going later tonight!" Yeosang went back to the group to explain the situation Hongjoong debating whether to go the same time and head to Odell Lake then outside the Walls, or get the carnival over with early and do the other 2 at night.

Suddenly, Seonghwa appeared, "I was thinking... how about we go outside the Walls then hit up the Carnival, so we can save Odell Lake for last, the lights are super pretty at night."

Hongjoong smiled, "That's a good idea, can you round them up?"

┉┈◈◉◈┈┉

They waved at Yeosang, who sat at the front desk with a smile as they lost themselves in the crowded streets. "How is it still so crowded?" Seonghwa mumbled as they were swept down the street as the morning rush continued, glimpsing a clock store through the fray and scoffing, "It's like 5PM!"

"What did you say?!" Hongjoong shouted, his own voice being lost in the pure chaos of the market air. "I said-" Seonghwa gripped Donghyun's hand tighter and pulled them out of the exit point and in the direction of big gates that signalled that they were leaving the city, "why are people shopping so late?" 

Hongjoong sighed, gripping San's hand tight as they kept a clear chain, connected by hand, and led them forward. "Because, late night shopping is the best!" he grinned. "You're only saying that because you steal," Donghyun mumbled, Hongjoong whispering something in San's ear, which was whispered down the line, until Jiwoon elbowed Donghyun. 

"That was petty," Donghyun scowled, Jiwoon shaking with held-in laughter. Seonghwa looked around, "Wait... where's Yunho?"

Hongjoong froze, the entire line stopping, "I haven't seen him since... the library!" 

Seonghwa spun around worriedly, Yunho's face making it's way towards them slowly. "How could you leave me?!" he grouched, sprinting over and resheathing his sword. "Where were you?" Hongjoong muttered, Yunho scowling, "Don't act like leaving me wasn't on purpose! I saw a bracelet my dad would like!" 

He held it up proudly, the silver studded leather bracelet glinting slightly as the lowering sun hit it at odd angles. "I didn't leave you on purpose! I thought were on good terms now!" Hongjoong grunted annoyedly, Yunho pocketing the gift and shooting him a dirty look. "Just stop. Both of you," Donghyun grumbled and tugged Seonghwa and the kids forward, San dragging Hongjoong along through the scattered crowd.

Yunho made his way over to Seonghwa, who shook his head, "No, you go hold hands with Hongjoong!"

"Okay your majesty."

Yunho stomped over to Hongjoong, who held out his hand gladly, Yunho slapping his own onto it mischievously as they made their way towards the gates, many wanderers and traders around them. Hongjoong trapped Yunho's hand in his tightly, San grumbling as Yunho pulled away slightly. "Great. I'm stuck between 2 grumpy 14 year olds," Hongjoong whispered spitefully, San glaring at him. 

"I'm not grumpy!" he let go of Hongjoong's hand and intertwined their arms instead. "I agree," Hongjoong side-eyed Yunho, who kept his hand on his hilt at all times, "I didn't even notice you brought your sword."

"Someone like you obviously wouldn't notice such large details," mumbled Yunho as they made their way past a stationary cart, Hongjoong unhooking his arm from San's and pushing Yunho against it angrily, holding his collar up. "Unhand me," Yunho seethed, Hongjoong chuckling furiously. "Look kid, if you want me to unhand you, you gotta listen up. Out here, 'people like me' do what we have to for the purpose of survival, while people like you do what you want, and as long as you're in my presence you respect me and my people."

Hongjoong exhaled, "I know you're accustomed to the high and mighty palace life, but you're 14, I'm 17. 3 years older than you with probably a much higher murder count weighing on my mind, so shut up, or you end up being the next person I have to dispose of."

Hongjoong let him go, storming away to catch up to San, who was distracted by Mingi showing him the book he got proudly. Yunho leaned against the cart deep in thought.

Am I the asshole?

"Hey!" the guy who, presumably owned the cart, "Get off my cart!"

Daddy's I have sinned