CASE #017

CASE #017

It was 8 in the morning and it was raining heavily. Akashi drove to the HQ silently, listening to the sound of droplets of rain colliding with the glass window. He had turned off the air-con in the car because it was so cold. Today was unusually not busy. The street weren't even packed with cars like it used to.

No one had told him anything about Heiwayuki or how it's going. Supposedly they have been trying something. When he arrived, the rain wasn't that bad anymore and he headed straight for Mikage's room.

When he entered, no one was there. He tried contacting Mikage but his phone was right on the table. Akashi frowned. His eyes were tired and his brain was exhausted. The loss was too great for him and so he landed on the soft couch just beside the door, and eventually dozed off.

****

"Seijuurou would kill us if he found out that we'd injured her unintentionally." Towa said, glancing at the lass beside him on the bed, unconscious due to anemia.

"It was unintentional, Towa. I don't think he'd scold us for that." Mikage replied.

"Once she wakes up, I'll start to detach the souls again and I'm sure by then, they would exit her body."

"But under what circumstances had made her bleed?" Mikage queried.

"Well, it may be because of the souls clawing her from inside, or if the soul is too persistent then it could result in injuries and most of the time they'd attack veins. For Heiwayuki's case, I'm not sure what the souls really want. I don't know what Kofuku wants. She's dead, we had no regrets, I've moved on and I never owed her anything."

"Souls are weird. I'm weird for getting involved with these stuffs."

"We're all weirdos in this Division." Towa chuckled.

Mikage buried his face unto his palms. "Do you think Seijuurou likes Heiwa?"

Towa glanced at him. "He likes every girls, doesn't he?"

Mikage chuckled. "You know what I mean."

"I think he has that special affection towards Heiwa. I'm not sure about him liking her in a different way. Or maybe he hasn't realize it yet."

"True that."

Suddenly, Heiwayuki groaned. Towa and Mikage both snapped their heads to her. Towa touched her arm and frowned. "She's awake. I'll pull them out now." He said.

"I'll lock the door." Mikage nodded and did so.

Towa started chanting, "Freü Nox—"

"Towa." Heiwayuki spoke. But it wasn't her and the voice doesn't belong to her either.

He stopped and stared at her. "Kofuku."

"What are you doing with this girl?" Kofuku slash Heiwayuki said.

"What do you mean?" Towa frowned.

She leaned closer to his ear and whispered, leaving Towa speechless, unable to react.

-

Seijuurou rested his head on his arm while his hand fidgeted with the blanket that was covering Heiwayuki.

"She should be awake soon." Mikage said and went to leave.

"Where's Towa?" Akashi asked.

Mikage hesitated before answering. "After detaching the souls, he avoided contact with anyone and locked himself in his room. Supposedly Kofuku's words affected him but I have no idea what she told him that time." He replied and left.