SPECIAL CASE

E P I L O G U E

'Senpai, did you wash my candy socks?'

He didn't reply. I pouted and continued searching. The sun was already up at its peak but since it was an off day for us, Senpai refused to wake up.

'Senpai, have you seen my candy socks?' I asked again.

Silence.

I sighed and headed towards the kitchen. Grabbing a ladle and a wok (usually used to cook Chinese foods), I rushed upstairs and entered our room. I hit the wok with the ladle with all my might and walked around the bed.

'Candy socks! Candy socks! Has anybody seen my candy socks!' I sang.'

I heard a groan and Senpai sat up, eyes still closed, his bed hair too terrible to be true. 'What's with the noise early in the morning, Akashiiii!' he whined. I stopped.

'Have you seen my candy socks?' I questioned.

He opened his eyes a bit and frowned. 'Candy socks?'

'Candy socks.'

'You mean, the socks with the iridescent stripes?'

'That!'

He sighed and rubbed his face with his palm. 'It's in the dryer. I washed it last night.'

'I checked the dryer. It's not in there.' I replied.

He moaned and wore the indoor slippers before heading downstairs to check it for me. I giggled in delight and trailed after him. He opened the door to the laundry room and unlocked the door of the dryer. He poured it all in a laundry basket and began searching for the socks.

Not more than 20 seconds later, he held up a pair of socks. I covered my mouth playfully and laughed. 'Thank you, Senpai! Now that you're off the bed, we can proceed with our plans for today!' I exclaimed.

He sighed and approached me. I flinched as he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder. 'S-Senpai?' I stammered, heat rushing to my cheeks. Even if we're married, calling him Senpai has become a habit and I still feel embarrassed with his "surprise attacks".

'Can I have a mug of hot chocolate milk?' he whispered.

'Sure, but please, brush your teeth first.' I said and pushed him away.

He pouted and went upstairs.

'And please don't continue sleeping!' I called out.

'Yes, wifey.' He shouted back nonchalantly but it made me blush furiously.

'You don't have to call me wifey or some sort,' I grumbled to myself and lifted the basket to the living room to fold the clothes. 'It's frustrating why you don't go all red from all of that.'

'Why are chu pousching and schalking chu churself, Akachi?' a muffled voice spoke.

I turned around and gasped. 'Oi! Don't brush your teeth outside the bathroom!' I stood and pushed his back towards the guest room's bathroom because it's nearby. 'I'll have to clean it if you spill the foam!' I added.

He hummed in dissatisfaction. 'Where'sh my hoch mich?'

'After you brush your teeth!' I placed my hands on my hips.

'Okie.' He closed the bathroom door.

I sighed and rushed to the kitchen to make him his hot milk. Minutes later, he exited the bathroom and sat on one of the chairs. I placed the milk in front of him. 'There, your morning drink,' I said and checked my wristwatch. 'It's almost afternoon, though.'