new friends: ch 4

Feeling the hard ground beneath me- cold and a little wet- I looked up. Seeing what looked like a Sandwing, with its barb and frill and scars on its body, I knew it had been in a battle recently just from the look at it.

But then Spiral, the dragon that took me to this podium, said, "Hey, wake up, you have some food." but then Spiral flew away. But I was not concerned with that right now. I was just called food, which means this dragon thought I was food.

The dragon got up and looked down at me. "??? A scavenger? Oh, why not? I am a little hungry. " Then, out of nowhere, the dragon picked me up, and I screamed, "WAIT! I AM NOT FOOD! " The dragon then looked around with a puzzled look on its face.

Then it looked down at me. "ya, I can talk. Can you please not eat me and put me down?" I said, "W-what? How, huh?" The dragon said, defiantly confused. "You can talk scavengers can't talk."

"Well, as you can see, I am talking now. Can you please put me down? " The dragon put me down and said, "So you can talk. I'm going to act like this is not world-shattering." The dragon started calming down from the shock of a scavenger talking.

The dragon laid down and asked, "So, how can you talk?" the dragon said, "Well, hold on, if we are going to talk, then we should ask for names." I said, "OK, my name is Sahara, and what about your name?" the dragon said, "My name is Y/N." I said with a smile.

"nice to meet you, Y/N," Sahara said with a growing comfort on her face. "Nice to meet you too, Sahara, so what should we talk about," I said, knowing the answer. "how can you talk? I have never heard a scavenger talk," Sahara said.

"How can you talk?" I said right back at her. "but seriously, I could always talk like this." now that I think of it, I can understand scavengers and talk to them, but I don't switch my language. I talk to them how I would talk to a dragon.

"Oh well, that's cool. So, can you do other dragon things?" Sahara said, "No, I am a normal scavenger- besides the ability to talk to dragons." Normal, unless you count coming from another universe as normal, I thought.

"so, how did you end up here?" I asked Sahara. "well, I was in a battle against another Sandwing from Burns Amry, and they found me near the Sky Kingdom and took me to this place." Sahara said, but I could tell they did not want to discuss it, so I dropped it.

"And what about you? How did you end up here," Sahara asked me. "well, I almost killed someone, and my village kicked me out," I said. The lie was coming together, and I hoped that no one would ever find out that I was lying. I have no idea what could happen if they knew that they were a book series.

"Oh, why?" she asked. "I don't want to get into it," I said, sounding sad. "OK, that's fine, but it's getting late. I am going to sleep." Sahara said she did look tired, so I said, "OK, I am going to stay up for a bit." I was not tired; I was still very confused about how I ended up in the Wings of Fire book series.

Sahara went to bed very soon after that, and I stayed up. I just looked at the stars. I had always liked space, wondering what was in that big empty void. But then I had a thought it was stupid, but I could only dream. There was a small stone on the platform that we were on. I picked it up and thought in my head stone flote up to my head.

It was very dumb, as no scavenger could have animus magic, but then the stone floated up to my head. "NO WAY," I thought, almost screaming it. Then I had an idea. I picked up the stone and did my first animus magic spell.

AUTHOR NOTE(hello, everyone. It's good to be writing this again. I would not do it today, but then I had an idea and could not help myself. Anyway, I wonder what that spell could be. :) Anyhoo, I hope you all have a good day/night bye.)