Chapter 13

"I'm really sorry, I'll make it up to you I swear," I told Jessica over the phone.

She chuckled lightly, "Listen Lauren, its fine school is the most important thing right now, so once you get your grades up you know where to find me."

I was glad that Jessica is such an understanding and sweet person, she was able to put my worrying and guilt at ease for not being able to hangout tonight.

The last few days have been lame as fuck. But I'm not gonna lie, I guess my parents getting on my ass about my grades did sorta help get me in shape because all I've been doing before school, during lunch and study hall, and after school, was do all of my missing assignments and correct my tests. My failing grades are starting to go up, thank god.

"At the pace I'm going, I should be able to get out of the house soon."

"I'm really looking forward to it," She replied. "If you'd want any help you should come see me after school. I help tutor other students who are struggling."

"Really?" Could she get any better? Fuck she's amazing. "Yeah, I'd love to go, this math is kicking my ass."

"Come by after school on Monday and I'd be happy to help you, and plus I really want to see more of you."

A smile formed on my face at that, "I want to see more of you too."

I heard shuffling going on in the background, "I've got to go, but I'll see you at school on monday ok?"

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

Hanging up, I tossed my phone on my bed. Today, Saturday, is my usual get out of the house and chill with friends day. But I'm grounded and have absolutely nothing to do.

I could work on my homework, but I'm not in the mood. Fuck. I wish I could hang out with Jessica. God damn she is so pretty, and sweet.

My stomach growled, looking at the alarm clock on my nightstand it was 6:30, the time my mom usually calls me down for dinner. Walking downstairs and into the kitchen, there wasn't any food waiting for me to eat. What the hell.

"Hello?"

I jumped when I heard a voice, "They aren't here."

I turned around and saw Camila sitting in the recliner in the family room with the ugly cat on her lap.

"Where are they?"

The devil cat hopped off of her lap as Camila stood up sighing. I'm surprised at how calm I am at seeing her and actually talking to her for the first time in a week. Before I could stop my wandering eyes, I took in her appearance. It was like seeing her for the first time, she had her dark silky hair in a loose braid, wearing a big baggy sweater and a pair of short very short cotton shorts that showed off her gorgeous tanned legs.

"They went to their boss's dinner so I don't know how long they're gonna be gone."

I pursed my lips and nodded, as an idea popped into my head.

"Don't get any ideas," Camila said. "I'm in charge and I'm not afraid to tell them if you decide to try and sneak out."

And there goes my idea. "Fuckin snitch," I muttered under my breath as I walked into kitchen toward the fridge.

"I heard that, asshole."

A chuckle escaped my lips due to Camila swearing. "Whatever. Did they leave any money for food?" I asked when I saw there wasn't really anything in the fridge.

"Yeah, forty dollars to order something."

I turned back around to catch Camila's brown eyes make their way up my body to meet my eyes. A blush rose on her adorable cheeks making my stomach fill with butterflies that even Jessica hadn't made me feel. Did she really just check me out?