Chapter 33

Songs to listen to towards the end:

Once In A Lifetime by One Direction

Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran

All Through The Night by Sleeping At Last

Fire In The Water by Feist

Enjoy :)

It was like our first date all over again, I was nervously pacing around, but this time time I was pacing around the front door while I waited for Camila to finish getting ready. I heard the shower running but it shut off 10 minutes ago, so she should be down any minute. I think. Camila and I are kind of the same, we don't take that long to get ready but since this is a date she might take longer and put a lot of effort into it.

While she was away, I ran upstairs and got dressed into something warm and fixed my hair up a bit. She had occupied the bathroom so I had to use the one downstairs to wash my face and put a little bit of make up on, and brush my teeth. I hardly ever put effort into anything, but tonight is special so why not?

I keep pacing, I'm nervous as hell. I probably shouldn't be but I am. What if we arrive at the special place and she doesn't like it? What if she wants to go home? Or everything that I have planned turns to shit?

The sound of footsteps descending from the stairs captures my attention.

I stop my pacing and look up. A breath catches in my throat when I see my beautiful girl. She's wearing light colored jeans and a gray sweater that is a bit baggy on her. I smile when I see the way she lowers her head while pushing a strand of hair out of her face.

I hold my hand out to help her down the last two steps. She takes it, sending warm butterflies to flutter in my belly.

"Is that my sweater I wore on our first date?" I ask when she's down.

She looks up at me, "Yeah I hope that's okay."

"Of course it's okay." Holding her hand, I make her do a little twirl. "It looks better on you anway."

Camila let out a small giggle. Her hair was still a bit wet, so I took off the gray beanie I was wearing and plopped it on her head.

"Won't you be cold?" she asked adjusting it.

I shrugged, "I'll be okay."

Her brows furrowed, "Are you sure? I mean I can go upstairs and-"

I place a finger on her lips to stop the rambling. "Camz, baby I'm fine."

"Okay," she mumbles once I take my finger off. Her tan cheeks had a bit of a blush on them, I smiled at that.

"Are you ready?" I ask grabbing her car keys.

She nods and takes my hand again after putting her coat on. With her hand in mine we make our way to the secret destination.

~~~

"Lauren, you better not be taking me to another haunted trail."

I squeeze her hand and laugh while we drive down a dark road.

"It was actually a haunted hayride but okay," I correct.

A hard slap to the leg makes me accidentally stomp on the gas, jolting us forward. I shake my head at her, trying very hard not laugh.

"That's why you don't hit me while I'm driving, crazy."

Camila's loud laugh infectious fills the tiny car, "well that's what you get when you're being a pain in the butt."