Chapter 1

PRESENT DAY

Lauren's POV

I'm not sure if the room was spinning, or if I was spinning, or if the world was spinning. I looked up at my ceiling watching it spin in circles, I giggled, this isn't normal. I took another hit, inhaling this amazing drug and blowing it into ohs and watching it float away into the spinning ceiling and filling my dim lit room with smoke.

"Lauren can I— ew, oh my god it reeks in here," I heard a familiar voice say into my room.

I sat up way too fast, suddenly I felt even more dizzy than before. My bloodshot green eyes met innocent brown ones. "Oh hi," I giggled.

She rolled her eyes and turned on the lights blinding me, "You're not supposed to be smoking in here."

"What are you gonna do? Tell on me?" I teased giggling even more.

"No, I'm not going to tell on you. But stop smoking in here. You're making it smell." She said plugging her nose with a frown on her face.

"It smells like heaven in here," I said standing up in front her taking another hit and blowing all of the smoke in her face.

She backed away pushing me by my shoulders, "Lauren stop it! Now I'm gonna smell like a skunk."

I giggled and fell back on my bed. I noticed the door was open. The smile on my face dropped, as I grew paranoid. Oh fuck, now the smell and smoke is gonna travel down stairs into the living room.

"Camila, get out. Now." I said harshly. Fuck I'm going to get caught.

She frowned with concern written all over her face but I don't care, "What's wrong?"

I stood up and started pushing her out of my room, "stay out of my room, I know you left the door open just to get me in trouble."

She held her ground, "Lauren I'm not trying to get you in trouble, I just wanted—"

I pushed her out, "I don't give a fuck. Stay out." I hissed, slamming the door in her face.

She probably thinks I'm an even bigger asshole, but there's no way in hell I'm getting in more trouble than I already am. I sighed, and looked at the joint sitting on my dresser waisting away, fuck I guess I'll smoke later, outside. I put it out and opened a window and turned on the fan aiming it outside trying to get rid of the smell.

I changed my clothes into clean fresh clothes. I put eye drops in making the redness go away, brushed my teeth and sprayed a little bit of perfume around masking the scent.

After all that I decided to go downstairs and watch some TV. Walking down the stairs into the living I saw that Camila was already sitting there with some show on, but was too busy on her phone to care.

I walked passed her behind the couch taking the remote off her lap, then plopping down next to her. Her head snapped up when I changed the channel, "Hey! I was watching that," she whined.

"No you weren't, you were too busy on your phone."

She sighed in annoyance, a smile worked its way onto my lips at how I annoyed her in some way.

Twenty minutes into the show, we were both still seated on the couch. Me going from scrolling through tumblr on my phone, to watching the show that was on. And Camila just sitting there on her phone or petting our ugly family pet cat. "What time do the folks get home?" I asked bored.

"I don't know, probably later" she said with a little bit of an attitude.

I raised a brow at her, "Damn what's your problem?"