Chapter 38

There's an Authors Note at the bottom PLEASE READ!!

Enjoy :)

The loud sound of the woman over the intercom scares the shit out of me as I zone out for the tenth time in an hour. I play with the little charms on the bracelet that dangle on Camila's wrist. I got her this bracelet on Valentines Day as a last minute gift because I might have forgotten that the 14th of February actually means something, instead of picking up random lonely girls with Devon for fun.

"Zoned out again?" Camila says with a little laugh. The frown on my face turns into a smile as I look up at her.

I shake my head, "maybe."

"Their flight should be landing soon," she says before taking a sip of her iced coffee. "There was just a bit of a delay."

"A bit of a delay?" I groan. "We've been waiting here for almost an hour now."

My biggest pet peeve is waiting. I'm not a patient person whatsoever I bet if I wasn't here with Camila I would have driven back home and told my mom and Alejandro to come and pick them up instead. But of course Camila is making us wait.

To be honest i think I'm just being a little over dramatic because I'm nervous to see my family again. It's gonna be awkward, I know it. Chris is what 17 now? And Taylor 15 or 16? I'm such a dick I don't even remember. I don't even want to try and guess my dads age because i know I'll be wrong.

"There they are!" Camila says happily and points towards the terminal. The nerves and an uncomfortable feeling sits in the pit of my stomach when I see the three of them walking towards us.

My dad waves as they walk in our direction, he hasn't changed a bit just older looking with a bit more gray hair on his head and beard but that's it. As for Taylor and Chris, they're completely different, no longer the little kids I remember. Chris towers over me when they get closer and smirks, "Wow sis you're not even going to say hi?"

I chuckle nervously darting my eyes back and forth between him and Taylor, "I don't really know what to say. It's been awhile."

Thankfully Camila comes to my rescue.

"How was the flight?" She asks enthusiastically giving all three of them hugs while I just stand there awkwardly.

"Annoying," Taylor says rolling her eyes but laughs. "This baby wouldn't stop crying for an entire hour until it knocked itself out from crying so much."

"It wasn't too bad," My dad says and looks at me with a smile. "Lauren, give your old man a hug."

I lean forward and give him a hug. It was warm, and comforting. I hadn't gotten a hug from a "parent" in a while, Alejandro and my mom were always gone and caught up in their own thing that this felt nice.

I pulled out of it first and turned to Chris and gave him a hug. Which was a bit weird since the last time I saw him he was shoulder height and now is a full foot taller than me.

"You're tall as fuck bro," I tell him and reach over to Taylor giving her a hug also.

"Well you know, puberty."

Taylor is my height now, a little taller but not by much. It's weird being the oldest but the shortest.

My dad and Camila carry on a conversation while walking toward the baggage claim as Taylor walks and texts at the same time. I follow slowly behind them with my hands in my pockets.

This is all weird, watching this scene play out in front of me. The girl who I consider to be my girlfriend is only my sister in the eyes of my family. It's too fucking weird and makes me feel even more on edge at the thought of them finding out the truth.