Chapter 5

The days passed quickly, I hadn't spoke to Camila much since the whole Austin thing. I still don't understand why I flipped the way I did.

After the whole thing I went over to Devon's house and smoked up. I know I told Normani that I would behave and do what I'm supposed to but I just was feeling down and needed to feel high to take whatever that pain in my chest was and make it go away. But it didn't work, it did at first but when I was coming down it made me feel twenty times worse than before. I've been treating Camila the same way I did before, ignoring her, bickering every now and then. It's just not the same as it was when we hung out on Saturday and actually bonded. I missed it, but I was still pissed.

I talked to Normani about it, she was upset that I smoked and started acting up again. She really cared about Camila, more than I thought she did. She also was saying how she wasn't too sure about an older guy hitting on Camila. It rubbed her the wrong way I was glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way about it.

It's now Wednesday, and school is going by so fuckin slow it sucks. This morning's car ride was awkward with Camila. We just sat there with the music playing quietly in the background. She tried to start up a conversation but I shot her down by telling her to stop talking my because my song was on. I didnt even know what song it was.

"Ms. Jauregui, please pay attention," my teacher Mr. Tucker called me out.

I lifted my head up off of my desk and looked up at the board. I felt something hit my head, I looked over to where it came from, Devon was pointed at my desk. I looked down at the crunched up ball of paper and opened it "Party is gonna be fun tonight you better come heard there's gonna be a lot of weed." He drew a little guy with a blunt sticking out of his mouth.

I shook my head stuffing the paper into my backpack and took out my phone to text him, why he decided to throw a paper ball and risk getting caught I have no idea.

I was about to start texting when my phone was ripped out of my hands, "What the-"

I looked up to Mr. Tucker who was holding my phone far from his face trying to look at it. I was thankful to whoever invented screen locks. "You can have it back at the end of class."

He walked to his desk and placed it inside, I turned and glared at Devon who was holding in a laugh.

The bell rang and Mr. Tucker approached me holding at my phone, I reached to grab it but he pulled back, "I don't want to see this tomorrow during class, understood?"

I nodded, because that's what he wants, he placed it in my hand. When I walked out of class Normani was waiting for me, "Hey." She greeted me with a side hug.

I smiled, "Hey what's up?"

"Nothing really, we should go out for lunch," she suggested. I was glad it was finally lunch time and that we could go off campus. It wasn't that the school lunch was gross or anything, well some of it tasted like shit, but some of it is ok, it's just that its the same thing everyday.

"Yeah," I agreed. "Where do you wanna go?"

She shrugged, "I don't really care."

We walked through the lunch room and passed Rocky and Devon who were sitting at the table we usually sat at. "Where are you ladies going?" Devon asked us.

I was about to say nowhere because when we usually go out to eat we end up getting kicked out because Devon being the idiot that he is, starts throwing food around and being loud. But Normani being the sweetheart she is answered him, "Out to eat."

He smiled widely, "Sweet, where we going?"

I raised an eyebrow at him, "We?"

He stood up towering over me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "Yeah buddy, I'm going with."