Chapter 35

Please read the Authors Note at the end.

Enjoy :)

After spending a very long day with my friends, I was finally on my way home.

Today, me, Normani and Devon hit up the mall and a bunch of other places so that they could prepare for their "trip". It was actually pretty fun spending time with them. They still keep dropping hints about wanting me to tag along, but after a couple days of them telling me the news I still didn't give them a solid answer, and I also haven't mentioned a word to Camila.

It's not that I'm afraid she will get mad or anything... okay maybe it is. But I just don't want to mention it because what I'm worried about is that she will assume that I'm going with.

When the car bounces and what I bought from the store hits my chin, I'm immediately pulled out of my thoughts and now annoyed.

"Devon," I snap at him since he's the one driving. "Watch what you're doing!"

He quickly drops his phone into the cup holder and puts two hands on the wheel.

"Sorry," he mutters.

"You better not've hit a person," Normani says looking back.

He scoffs, "I went over a speed bump too fast. Relax."

I look back and confirm what the idiot said, "yeah its a speed bump Mani."

"Good. I'm not about to go to jail because your dumbass had to check a text."

"You're so dramatic sometimes."

"I wouldn't be being so "dramatic" if you had kept your eyes on the road."

I stifle a laugh when I see the way she uses her fingers as quotations. Devon shakes his head and begins to speak.

"Normani-"

I really couldn't hold it in anymore and I bursted out laughing while saying, "Holy fuck you guys are literally a married couple."

Normani turned her head so fast at me I thought it would snap. "Ew Lo shut the hell up."

"Yeah Lauren," Devon said in disgust. "It's not even like that."

"Okay okay," I held my hands up I defense.

I was going to be quiet but I couldn't help myself.

"Maybe I shouldn't even go with you on this trip," I said sounding serious. "Maybe you guys need some... Alone time."

"Fuck off." They both said at the same time.

"Wow you guys are in sync too."

Normani reached over and turned up the radio very loud to tune me out, I think. When we arrived in front of house Devon stopped the car and turned around to face me.

"We leave some time next week, ok? So think about it."

I sighed and nodded opening the car door.

"Oh and Lo," Normani said when I closed the door. She rolled down her window for me. "Some of our other friends from school are throwing us a going away party, you should go whether or not you decide to come with us."

I nodded. I haven't been to a party in a long time. "Yeah that sound good, just text me the details."

We said goodbye and I put what I bought into the truck of Camila's car and headed inside.

The sound of singing when I entered the house sent chills running down my spine. I follow the beautiful melody of a song I had never heard into the kitchen. My heart swells when I see my adorable girlfriend in the kitchen wearing a light blue apron around her torso singing away with her back towards me.