Chapter 39: Part 2

I lied, here you gooo with another chapter

COMMENT AND VOTE

Enjoy :)

Today is the day, it's finally Wednesday meaning tonight is the party and Devon and Normani leave tomorrow morning. I still can't believe they are really leaving, like actually dropping out of school and leaving Miami. It's crazy, but if they would have asked me last year I know I'd be the one driving.

"Okay guys turn around."

Normani and I turn around and both our jaws literally drop when we see Devon standing there dressed in dark jeans and a faded gray shirt with his arms held out and a bright grin on his face standing in front of an old blue Volkswagen bus.

"Devon what the hell is this?" Normani asks slowly walking up to the van running her hand along the side.

"It's our ride," Devon says proudly slapping the drivers door.

I laugh still in shock. This is pretty fucking sick and makes a little part of me wish I was going just to ride in this masterpiece. I love old cars.

"What year is this?" I ask him.

"1964, I had to sell a lot of my shit and most of my fucking supply to buy this beauty but it was totally worth every penny."

Devon opens the side door and I immediately jump in. The interior is old but the carpet is in pretty good condition, surprisingly. The three seater in the middle is obviously worn but still in tact with a few rips here and there on the fabric. Behind the seat there's enough space to fit a bunch of stuff or just to lay down during the long rides. The many windows have curtains on them which is pretty dope too.

"Dude this shit is cool as fuck," I tell him holding my hand up.

His palm connects with mine giving me a high five smiling, "Thanks bro there was another row of seats but the guy told me that they took it out to fit their band equipment so they put carpet down."

I continue to look around taking it all in as Normani jumps in the drivers seat and Devon climbs into the passenger seat.

"What do you think Mani?" I ask her sitting up in between the front and passenger seat.

"I love it," she says gripping the steering wheel. "But are you sure it'll get us around the country? And this is a stick shift, I don't know how to drive manual."

Devon nods enthusiastically.

"I'll teach you on the road but yeah I had the oil changed, got new breaks and had the tires checked. We're good to go."

Although I'm happy for them I can't help but feel a bit of sadness. This is actually happening.

"I'm gonna miss you guys."

They both turn to face me with sad looks on their faces.

"Have you changed your mind?" Devon asks with a half smile on his lips with hope clear in his brown eyes.

"You should really come with us Lo." Normani reaches over and grabs my hand giving it a squeeze.

My eyes dart back and forth between them and although it's very tempting I can't. I just can't.

I shake my head sadly, "I'm sorry guys but I can't."

Devon sighs and puts his hand on my shoulder, "We know and we understand."