Etta: Eternal Flames!

Ezu yawned as he arrived at the Eagle Mountain School of Fine Arts & Accessibility, aka his school. Manacil rested in the back of his wheelchair. Apparently there were going to be other Light Defenders joining them, both cures and creatures. However, they weren't sure who. All Manacil was told was that the Light Defenders could try and look at the records, but it would be stretching it. All they could guess was that each cure had to fit in with Ezu.

Thankfully, Ezu assured Manacil that the school was filled with kids like him. Ely Keep was practically an accidental hotspot for disabled kids. So finding some would be easy.

"Mr. Ezu." He looked up as Ina-7 went over. "You're here a little later than usual."

"Ah. Ina. Sorry. I had a long day yesterday." She nodded silently as she went behind him and pushed him.

"At least you are here. The teacher was waiting for you since you need the most help." He smiled at that.

~

It wasn't until lunch did the next creature appear. After Ina-7 left him to eat, it poked out from under the table.

"Sorry to startle you-mar." Manacil slipped onto his lap as they smiled.

"Fiamar-cil. It's good to see you-cil."

"Likewise-mar. I think I know where mine is-mar. But approaching them has been a hassle-mar." Ezu scanned the room.

"Who?" Fiamar pointed at the person, making him pause. "That's Murthenshtaardil. She's got autism, so her Dissociation might be blocking you out."

"Oh... I see-mar. Then I'll need extra help-mar."

~

After school, Ina-7 assisted in getting the autistic girl's attention for the Paralyzed boy. Murthenshtaardil was quiet as he thanked Ina-7, who left them to their talk.

"Sorry..."

"You're good. Your Dissociation got the better of you." They headed out as he explained the situation. She hummed.

"Light Defenders... Maybe. I got so many questions, though." Fiamar was waiting in an alley, so Ezu smiled.

"If you want, I know someone who'll have the answers." She nodded as they went over to the small creature. Fiamar grinned.

"Good to finally talk to you-mar." Ezu smiled as they drifted off into conversation. Somewhere in the middle, the ground rumbled, gaining the group's attention.

"Oh- Precure might be heading this way-cil. Best join them as soon as we can-cil." Fiamar nodded as it gave a card to Murthenshtaardil. Ezu led the charge.

"PRECURE LOCKDOWN!"

~~~

A proud light surrounded Ezu as his wheelchair disappeared. Water flowed around him, changing his outfit and hair. He flipped the card into the air, which made the water go dark before shattering into a sparkling rain. He opened his eyes as he caught the card and slipped it away.

"Beyond the Night, Guided by the Moon! I won't let the light fight alone! Cure Nightwater!"

~~~

Murthenshtaar gasped.

"Wow... I just gotta do that?" Nightwater nodded as she gulped. "Right. Easy enough."

"PRECURE LOCKDOWN!"

~~~

A powerful light encased her as sparkles raced around her. She kept her eyes closed as the sparkles transformed her. She settled down as the light faded.

~~~

She opened her eyes and gasped.

"Ooh!" The others giggled before they went to find the battlefield. It wasn't too hard to find. Manacil gulped.

"Smile Precure-cil. Interesting-cil. Let's see... the Pink is the leader-cil." Nightwater nodded as Fiamar scanned a small device.

"As for you, you should try to focus on the Orange Cure-mar." The new Light Defender paused before nodding. Manacil paused.

"Her powers aren't connected to the lead-cil?"

"I'm testing it-mar. But I think hers are more for fire than anything-mar." A hum followed as Nightwater glanced at his companion.

"Let's go out and introduce ourselves to the enemy." She nodded as they raced out. The Green Cure was about to jump up when Nightwater called out. "Hey!" The group of 5 turned as the enemy hissed.

"Light Defenders!" The monster with them roared as the new Light Defender gulped.

"Uh-"

"Hold strong." She nodded as Manacil called out.

"Nasty jerk-cil! Fight someone your own size-cil!" The two cures nodded.

"Beyond the Night, Guided by the Moon! I won't let the light fight alone! Cure Nightwater!"

"Beyond the Flames, Guided by the Spirits! I won't let the light fight alone! Cure Fireghost!"

The two then jumped out of the way of the incoming blast before the Orange cure hissed.

"HEY! I'M YOUR OPPONENT!" She jumped up as Fireghost gulped.

"Uh-"

"Here." Nightwater reached out. "You can bounce off me." Fireghost nodded as she grabbed his hand. He pulled her over before she pushed off, racing over as the other cure fired.

"SUNNY FIRE BURNING!"

"PHOENIX FLAME!"

A small phoenix escaped her hand, quickly racing over and grabbing the other fire attack. The flames suddenly grew, quickly consuming the attack. The others gasped as Manacil called out.

"Happy! Purify it while it's immobilized! Nightwater! Assist her!" Nightwater, having now landed and was racing over, called out.

"Got it!" The Pink cure, Happy, didn't hear the second part as she started her attack.

"HAPPY SHOWER SHINING!"

"LIMITED NOIR!"

The darkness encased the pink attack before it flashed through, reaching a stronger level of light. Another gasp followed as Nightwater grabbed Fireghost's hand and the enemy vanished.

"Thanks for the help, Smile Precure! Gotta go!"

The other cure group went to call out as the Light Defenders raced away, successfully getting to the shelter of an alley. Fireghost grabbed her ears.

"Oh the screaming- is that really needed-" Fiamar shook its head.

"Not always-mar. But the monster roaring is sadly always there-mar." It looked at the device in its hands. "Now that we got your form out, I might be able to control the volume of sound that can enter your ears as well as filter out some noises-mar." Fireghost smiled.

"That will be great. My ears hurt-" Nightwater smiled before deforming, returning to his wheelchair. Fireghost deformed as well as she paused. "What now?"

"Well... we'll have to see-cil. We have to wait for the next Light Defender to show-cil. Let's go home for now-cil."