X: Seas of Death.

The two arrived at the island island region as X woke up, having slept through the whole trip. He got out of the ship as she hummed.

"Here we go..."

~

They did find allies pretty quickly. A demon almost attacked them for approaching a girl, who was tending to someone. X got in front as he hissed.

"Stay back-"

"Sun. Back." The demon, Sun, fell silent before backing up, joining the girl as she smiled at them. "Sorry about that. Come in." Y entered as Sun laid down beside the girl. "My name's Moon. Is there any way I can assist you?"

"Yes. I'm Divine Heir Y. I'm on a quest to take down the Immortal Throne." Moon smiled as she finished tending the person.

"Then you've come to the right place."

~

Sun led X to the nearby shrine. He didn't go in, so X went in and took notes. He stepped out before they started back.

"Why help us?" Sun glanced at him.

"Moon-chan asked."

"But you're a demon."

"Don't think I'll eat you. Just the thought of eating a human disgusts me." He shuddered. "Still. Humans working against gods. Good thing."

"You don't like the immortals?"

"Gods created demons just for entertainment. They did a lot of other stuff. So no. Don't like them."

~~~

The girls waved from the ship that Moon had summoned. It truly showed her strength as she had practically brought it out of the water with no help. The boys got on as Y smiled.

"I assume you got through?" He nodded. "Right... Now that we know our enemy, it's time to act."

"Not quite so, Lady Y." She glanced at Moon.

"Hm?"

"The god here will not bow so easily. In fact, if he dares to show his face to you, it is a surprise. We must beat him at his own game." X paused.

"And how do we do that?"

"Simple. We find the lead demon here in the Islands."

~

X had a silent input whenever they discussed the Lead Demon. He thought the Immortal was playing with them and they were with the Lead Demon, which meant Sun. But he had no proof to show them. So he kept his mouth shut.

It wasn't until a demon asked for mercy after he slaughtered his friends.

"WAIT! I CALL PARLEY!" He kept his sword near the neck, not moving away or closer. Stillness was going to keep that peace. "I-I promise to answer any questions- just please don't kill me-" Any? With that word in mind, he sheathed his blade, gaining a sigh of relief from the demon. "Thank you kind sir- I will hear you out!" He hummed.

That's when he confirmed his suspicions. But as he knew, a demon's words weren't the best to rely on. He tracked down a house which many demons remarked as the "Lead Demon's Sanctum". His sword was drawn in case he was wrong. He scanned the place before a photo caught his attention. He went over and grabbed it.

His heart dropped.

The photo was of a young, human Sun with his family, who were no doubt dead after the Immortal's work. It enraged him a little to see this. Upon searching the rest of the house, he found one of the rooms covered in blood and gravestones in the backyard. He gulped. How to approach the others with this info without triggering a backlash?