Roleplayers: Truth of Souls.

It hurts to see the truth. But it took saving 2 worlds to find it.

Before I left for Krokotopia, I checked in on the Students. Declan had finally gotten looked at, so his wound had been healed. Malorn and Marla claimed they had been seen by the Life Students until I pointed out the lack of bandages. Duncan didn't talk to me as he slept through the whole conversation, but his aura told me that he had fallen asleep after I left them to their class and hadn't moved since. I gave him a light heal to help him rest, but ultimately I couldn't do much. Penny promised she would keep tabs on them, but I knew that future battles would determine their status until I got those souls back.

~

I don't remember much about Krokotopia. I know that it was very straightforward, but that's it. It wasn't until the Tomb of Storms did I work with caution. And I found the souls again. The four Princes in the palace had them. I made sure to try and grab them before bringing hell to the princes, failing each grab.

However, after defeating the leader of the princes (I don't know which soul he had), the spirit seemed to pause for a moment, as if trying to catch its breath. I waited before going over carefully, seeing if I could get the spirit before it vanished. While I didn't grab it, it did acknowledge my attempt to save it. Someone had pulled it away. Which meant someone had taken them. Great.

~

No. I don't remember Marleybone. I blocked half of it out. It was stupid!

But that's when I learned about the souls.

At the very top of Big Ben, Malistaire and Meowiarty practically sneered at me. A wraith and clockwork stood behind them, awaiting orders.

"Pathetic little rat. Ambrose really thinks you will stop me." I watched as the four souls lifted from his hand, which caused my heart to drop, and all entered the wraith. "Let's see what you do here. Have fun." He teleported away as Meowiarty snickered.

"What will it be then?" I snapped at his words. Oh, I was going to kill this bastard.

"Your fucking head." Aura was on as the clockwork exploded into pieces. Fear entered his face as I appeared behind him. "Next time, know your enemy." I slammed him into the ground before scanning the wraith. How to do this... I got behind him before going at the spirits, who all vanished. Then I destroyed the Undead minion. I took a second to calm down before I turned, seeing the soul from the palace watch me. Now I understood why I couldn't get them. Malistaire kept pulling them away just before I grabbed them, making it hard to free the souls. Asshole.

~

I returned before letting Penny know. She paused.

"But... why wasn't my soul grabbed?" I scanned her before pausing.

"You're new as well, right?" She nodded. "These guys have been Death Students for a while. So he has probably taught these kids." She gulped.

"He's pulling his students into danger..." She glanced over at the four, who were trying to read over some sort of notes. Duncan was out like a light while the others were zoning out. Malorn eventually sat down, unable to keep up. I gulped.

"It's sickening... I'm going to keep trying to get them back. And hopefully I won't need to do much work on them."