X: Game of Conquest.

The group gulped as they arrived at Paldea, which looked silent. They docked before looking around.

"We don't even know if we can find any allies."

"Great."

X's eyes caught sight of something as they paused in an empty town square. He knelt down to a tree before smiling.

Sekiro Marks.

He scanned them with a hum. He knew there were others outside of Kalos, but this was his first time.

'Sekiro from afar. My hideout is in the school. I am gathering all that see this to go against the Immortal. We will take anyone regardless of when this was seen. Be quick. -Wolf Violet.'

He stood up and went over to the others with a soft voice.

"Follow me."

~

Finding the school was easy. A small boy was zipping around the front room before halting in front of them.

"Evening. How may I assist..." He stopped when X stepped forward. "You saw the message, eh? Here to put a stop to the Immortal?" Y nodded, going with the flow since X hadn't given much details.

"We're more here to end their reign entirely." The boy smiled softly.

"Violet. I'm running this safety camp. Let's get you guys a room."

~

Violet explained later. The Immortal, the Goddess of Conquest Xarneas, was doing Death Games. And there was almost no limit to the bloodshed within them.

"There's a girl who is constantly getting added to the games since they are trying to take her down as she's the biggest threat to the Immortal. Her name is Scarlet. But every time I try to recruit her into here, she acts like I'm asking her to die. Even though she says yes to going into a bloodbath." He sighed as he showed a picture. "I've been using my skills to hide behind her, helping her with her battles without her knowing. It's the only reason she's not dead." X hummed as Y spoke.

"So how do we get an audience with the Immortal?" Violet gulped.

"There's a rule in the games. If two people survive and won't clash, Lady Xarneas will take the field and will hunt the two. Whoever lives the hunt wins." He hummed. "If we use Scarlet's survival rate, you might be able to get a proper fight out of her." X glanced at Y as she gulped.

"Then we charge."

~

X spotted Scarlet as they entered the battlefield. And she saw something off about him.

"You're not from around here, are you?" He shook his head. "First time?" He nodded. "Well good luck! I'm going to win!" He kept his mouth shut. He could kill her right there. But he was told to let her live.

He killed off most of the competition. Once word was out that they had a newbie in the ranks, they all charged at him. Scarlet and a few smart people fled to ready themselves, so he cut through those who seemed to be missing brain cells. He then raced off, hoping to keep his head down.

It was a good plan. Since most of the threats were in that first group, Scarlet took out most of the rest on her own. He hid from her, which made her hesitate when she killed the last one besides them.

"Is that all?" She paused as he silently moved around her. "No... there should be more from that ambush near the center, right?" He kept his mouth shut as she looked around. "The buzzer hasn't gone off either... who's left?" Oh, jumping her would make this too easy. But he had to maintain himself as she went to the center, looking for who would be left. She stopped at the bloodbath he left. "What the... who did this-" Oh... he should've stayed there. He finally stepped out, coming into view of spectators. She felt his eyes on her as she turned around. She blinked. "But you-"

"First time doesn't mean new to a battle. And there's a rare chance that the new guy knows how to kill professionally." She backed up a hell of a lot faster than he thought she would. That was fine, since the Immortal's aura was on and racing towards them. He then spoke again. "Show time."

The Mortal Blade was pulled as Xarneas clashed with him. Scarlet yelped a little as he pushed her back, pulling his regular blade. He hummed as the battle really kicked in, clashing with the larger weapon.

"I'm surprised someone like you would try to fight me. Just die." He scoffed as he pushed her back.

"I'm the Divine Heir's champion, sent in here to fight you personally. I could've just disappeared into a shadow and watched this place really turn into a show. But I have a job to do. The only one dying will be you. This is the end of the Immortal Age."

Both pairs of eyes flashed as she turned on her aura. He quickly chanted, knowing well that she had another round coming.

So much for playing games.

"By the Holy Prowess of this realm
Seek the sanctuary of Death
Send this soul to the hands of thou that stands when they shan't
And bless this battle with the Moon of Bloodshed!"

~

The games were postponed, but with the Immortal dead, it was unlikely they would be back. Scarlet complained about it, though he didn't hear her out until he got to Y, leaving her with the actual talking.

"I had a streak going!" Violet rolled his eyes as Y scoffed.

"Yeah, with something that wasn't very fun." Moon whistled softly. "Besides, now Paldea can find a new light in a grim time. Don't you think that's better?"

"Whatever." Scarlet wasn't impressed. She then glared at the Wolf as he hid behind his master. "Why join something you do regularly?!"

"I sent him in. You would've survived."

"That's not what I'm asking. Why was he in a place he didn't need to be?" Moon paused.

"Well, the plan was to challenge the god. And our only other real fighter is Sun, but X has the weapon to kill the god." Scarlet tipped her head to the side as Violet spoke.

"The Mortal Blade, right? I thought no one could draw it." Y hummed.

"I'm the Divine Heir of the Dragon Heritage. A gift of some of my blood can give someone a bit of a second chance against things such as the Mortal Blade's curse." Violet hummed. "Well, we best push forward. Would you like to join us?" Scarlet frowned.

"With what?"

"The League of the Evanescent Curtain. The Fall of the Immortals." Violet paused.

"I'm in for sure. But..." Scarlet paused.

"Do I get to murder people?"

"We could use more fighters."

"Deal."