StoryTellers: Shocking Siblings.

The duo decided to head back into Lumiose City and gather supplies. And since Ash was a Vampire, Serena kept an open mind for anything weird he needed. He only made two requests; 1, No Garlic; 2, He needed to get Plasma Fruit for when they were away from Humans and he needed food. Luckily, those two requests were easy. Well, the garlic was easy. Serena hated the taste garlic brought and only ate her mother's Garlic Bread (It never tasted like Garlic, so she couldn't resist). As for the Plasma Fruit, finding a vendor was hard especially since the only Vampires that bought it were in Laverre. A growl slipped from the Vampire as he hid in his Umbrella. Serena sighed before a voice appeared near them.

"Anything wrong?" Her eyes shifted to a small boy, who was staring at them from behind his glasses. She smiled.

"No... we're alright." Ash made a sound, marking his hunger. She knew where he was staring, which was at a group that they had indirectly been following for the past hour of searching. The boy paused before she intercepted him. "Really. We're fine. We're just looking for something specific and there's no one here that sells it." Ash made another sound, clearly aggravated by this point. According to him, Kanto had vendors all over the region with the fruit. So of course he was frustrated. He quieted himself as he scanned the area, looking for a victim. The boy disappeared as he steadied the Vampire, who had locked onto someone.

"Here-" She paused before seeing the boy, now holding a Plasma Fruit. Ash locked onto it instantly, losing his target. Risking it, he silently thanked the kid before taking the fruit and stepping away, no doubt to deal with his hunger. She smiled at the boy.

"How'd... you know?"

"I may not be as smart as my sister, but I could see the signs. If you want, my sister knows how to grow the fruit. She has a farm at our place." Serena paused before it clicked for her.

"Isn't... your sister the Genius behind Lumiose City Gym?" He nodded.

"And I'm the Gym Leader! Clemont! My sister's Bonnie." They shook hands as Ash rejoined them, wiping his mouth. She relayed the information she just got to him before they headed over to the gym.

~

Upon entering, the sound of gears greeted them. Clemont led them to his sister, who was tending to the farm. She took notice of them before speaking.

"I saw that, Clem." He huffed.

"Be nice, Bonnie. We have guests." She sighed before joining them, pulling her hair out of its bun and letting it flow behind her.

"Yes?" Ash was silent as Serena explained the dilemma. Bonnie hummed. "I'm not sure how well the fruits can travel. I've been researching them to open up the market since the clan in Laverre have struggled to leave their town due to this problem." Ash hummed.

"Plasma Fruits can typically last a week out in fresh air once picked. They last longer in cooler temperatures. They don't need to be frozen, just a cooler temperature." Bonnie hummed at his words before turning to her lab.

"Interesting..." She stepped back in and pulled out some notes. "They seem to last forever if unpicked... But if that's the case... I should test that..." Serena paused.

"Ash... you didn't travel with Plasma Fruit?"

"When I was in Hoenn, I had to because Plasma Fruit was hard to come by for everyone. So I fought my way to open a market for them from Johto, who had several Plasma Fruit Farms." He hummed. "The problem here is different though-" Bonnie hummed.

"How about this? I need to research these further anyway. We can journey together." Ash nodded before Clemont paused.

"What about me?" They paused as he looked down. "I wanna come too... It'll be boring in the Gym..." Bonnie paused before Serena frowned.

"But... won't you need to be here for challengers?"

"Almost no one comes. I'm always looking for things to do since the other gyms before me keep challengers back." Bonnie sighed.

"We can have the bot I made for you stand in. And if there's really no challengers, then it should be a pretty easy job for it." Clemont's eyes sparkled a little as Ash smiled.

"Then let's get going."