Blake: Hoenn.

"Woah!"

Gary smiled as the far region came into view. Ash and James sat behind him while he and Umbreon were right at the front, smiles lighting up as they scanned the region. Gary glanced back as Ash smiled.

~

It took Gary a little longer to get used to the new environment. Johto wasn't too different from Kanto. Hoenn was a major shift. James chuckled as Gary looked around.

"Are we sure he's an Oak tree?"

"What else would he be?"

"A bird." Ash snorted, trying his best not to laugh. However, Gary caught the conversation.

"I'm not a tree." He then paused. "Wait... what about a bird?" Ash grabbed his mouth, muffling his laughter as James hummed.

"You are acting like a bird that's far from home."

"I'm not a bird."

"Then stop acting like it." Gary went to make a comeback when Ash slipped out a soft voice.

"Ladies, no need to ruffle your feathers." Gary smacked him, but in Ash's view, it was totally worth it.

~

They arrived in Littleroot, where the professor was waiting. He allowed them in while welcoming the Oak, who was still completely lost (They stopped picking on him, but that didn't save him). He smiled at their quest.

"Well... I know just the person that would be able to help." He picked up a pokeball. "There's a kid over in the Petalburg gym named Max. Brilliant kid, but he's always fighting to even leave for herbs and such." He placed the pokeball in Gary's hand. "I've been trying to get him that poor thing for weeks, but his family is like a stone gate... It needs a remedy of sorts and I know he'll find it. I will pay whatever price needed to help it. If you can get it healed, I will offer the Starter Pokemon I have here." They nodded. "Great. Be careful."

~

Just approaching the gym, you could hear the war.

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO MY WORK WHEN YOU ARE KEEPING ME IN!?" Gary flinched.

"Good morning vocal cords. Hope no one was asleep." Ash snorted as they went to the door.

"I NEED TO BE OUT THERE! NOT IN HERE! DO YOU WANT MY HELP?!"

"Good lord. They're still going." Ash knocked on the door as more yelling followed.

"NOT MY PROBLEM YOU DON'T WANT HELP! IF YOU WANT ME TO HELP WITH YOUR POKEMON, YOU'D LET ME GO GET THE RIGHT STUFF!"

A door slammed as Ash tried again. A soft reply followed as the yelling resumed, being very one sided this time. A woman, no doubt Max's mother, opened the door.

"Yes?" James smiled as he stepped forward, instantly showing off against the slight language barrier.

"Hello, we're here to see Max. We were sent by the professor." She blinked twice before smiling.

"You'd best come in..."

The yelling was much louder inside as expected. The woman led them to the sitting room before going over to the stairs, where two people were calling up to where Max was. She then silenced the two before calling up.

"Max! You have people here!" A complaint came screaming down.

"Oh? You actually let people in!?" A rather nasty sound followed as she responded.

"Get down here!" Something was slammed before Max appeared, pushing through the small group waiting at the bottom. He grumbled something under his breath as another female, probably his sister, spoke.