Chapter 4 - Status Screen (2)

I mentally expanded the curse and blessing, curious as to what exactly they were supposed to do.

Cursed L-Rank - Cursed Star of Destiny (Rank 1): A curse placed on you by the creator of this world for being a child of the Nox Clan. Your very presence is a rebellion against heaven and the will of the world.

As a child of the Nox Clan, you are marked and sentenced to death on sight if discovered by any of the 9 clan leaders or their allies.

Effect: You are a child born to revenge and death. Death and misfortune follow your every move.Effect: Your plans will fail mysteriously.Effect: Your wishes will be obstructed in baffling manners.Effect: Your enemies will win in obscure ways.Effect: You are not able to hide your presence or status from members of the 9 clans**Effect: You must commit a crime or act of violence every day*. Failure to do so will reduce your stats by a rank every hour until you perish due to no vitality. As your stats reduce you will be in unimaginable pain.Effect: The curse can only be removed by the being who created the curse or by subduing the 9 clans.

Lionheart (0/1)

Nova (0/1)

Crimson (0/1)

Lancia (0/1)

Domare (0/1)

Isolde (0/1)

Meraki (0/1)

Mirage (0/1)

Raven (0/1)

*The number of daily crimes will increase as user rank increases.

**Regardless of whether an item or skill is used, once you are analyzed by a member of the 9 clans, your entire status sheet will be displayed to them, exposing you as a member of the Nox clan.

***As rank increases, More curse effects will be added.

"What the hell kind of bullshit is this?" I couldn't help but curse as I read the details of a curse. Any sliver of goodwill that had built up towards the Author quickly disappeared. This wasn't even on the level of a curse, this should be considered punishment or torture.

Without even thinking too hard, I knew that the only one who could have put such a curse on me was that stupid fucking golden being. Although I had planned on figuring out how to smack that stupid Author to the ground before grinding his head beneath my heel, I hadn't actually planned on performing any villainous acts while in this world or in this body. The Author's words for me to survive as a villain had completely gone in one ear and out the other. I simply took it as if a crazy person was muttering nonsense.

After all, I clearly remembered how the original Asani Martin died. Why would I do anything to risk getting beheaded and turning into ashes by going against the heroes of this world? That would just be stupid. I had planned on quietly building my strength, gathering money, and lazing about while enjoying my life. Since I was stupidly talented in this world, I figured it would be simple enough to do.

Now it seemed I couldn't even do such a thing since that fucking Author had used its head a bit. With this curse hanging over my head, I would have no choice but to actually become a villain. Otherwise, I would suffer unimaginable pain and torture.

Sighing in anger, I read the details of the blessing in hopes of better news.