Chapter 38 - First Dungeon (17)

POV: Asani Martin

As I walked past the still-sitting Lionel, I gave him an amused smile while waving his sword in a mocking manner before I walked toward the back entrance.

Stepping out, I saw the bodies of the students lined up neatly on the ground, still swaddled by webs. They all lay deathly still, and if it wasn't for the slight movement of their chests, I would have thought they were dead. Once I was out of sight of lionel, I called out to the mimic.

"Oi, blobby."

Squeak?

Grabbing the stinky mimic from my head, I chucked it down at the ground.

As it hit the ground with a splat, looking like a puddle of ink, I poked it with Lionel's sword. As it reformed into its usual shadow blob form, it rolled around, avoiding the sword, and squeaked indignantly.

"What the hell did you eat that you're so stinky? And you dared to stink me up, too? Shall I beat you up?"

As it shook its body rapidly, I gave it a gentle smile.

"Then open your mouth and store this sword for me with your storage skill. Properly spit it up when I want it back later, got it?"

The mimic began wiggling before creating human-like lips, and then the discordant voice whispered.

"Sorry."

"Apology accepted. Open up."

Tossing the sword to it, I watched as its mouth ripped and expanded until it looked like a black hole, then swallowed the sword and let out a horrific belch. Releasing more of that stinky gas.

"Disgusting. Stay the hell away from me, you stinky skunk. If you want to be useful, go find my pack and bring it back." I calmly booted it away from me as it tried to cling to me.

Ignoring the feelings of sadness it sent over, I crafted a small knife and began the tedious job of slicing the webbing on each student while taking the opportunity to analyze them.

Spotting a couple of mimics among them, I took note of them and made sure to steal all the watches of those with messed up statuses and grab any weapon I saw. As for the other students, I let them keep their watches for now while transferring the majority of their points to myself.

Although I wanted to kill the mimics now, I didn't want to alert Lionel, and more importantly, I was more curious about what they were planning to do. It would be better to maintain the status quo and kill them later or, even better, use them as a bargaining chip to gain some benefits from the school.

Laughing happily at the points raking in, I compared my current amount to those on the leaderboard. Seeing that I was now behind the current leader, Solomon, by only a few thousand points, I was almost tempted to sell Lionel his sword back for all his points and register myself just to see the look on Solomon's face as he got knocked down a rank.

Unfortunately, that would be silly. I couldn't let Lionel have a weapon around me; I didn't want a target on my back and definitely didn't want to antagonize that crazy Nova brat any more than I had before. I would just have to wait until the exam results were announced when this tortuous exam was over.

Whistling happily at the thought of the surprised look on Professor Lee's face when I not only came in the top ten but the top 5 as well, I continued freeing the students of both the webbing and their points while keeping an eye out for Lionel, Julius, and Lina.

Lina was still busy looking for cores while Julius was arguing intensely with Lionel.

The little mimic brought my pack over while it chirped unhappily in bird form. I don't know where it found water, but it was less stinky and a bit damp, so after patting it, I allowed it to rest on my head before I began bringing out ingredients to begin making dinner.