CHAPTER 37 - FIRST DUNGEON (16)

Pov Asani Martin

As I stared at Julius dashing toward the silver spider while surrounding it in a tight ring of flames, I truly realized that I had to be cursed. There was no other explanation for why a simple, clear-cut mission had turned into such a mess, with miniboss after miniboss popping out like toys from a jack in the box.

Everyone else seemed to be having an easy time while I was the only one getting attacked by camouflaged spiders and smacked around by a giant spider. Now another hidden spider had popped up, which would probably focus on me as well. It really seemed that everything that could posisbbly go wrong had happened to me and me alone.

It all had to be attributed to that dumb author who had cursed me. Swearing to stomp on the Author's face with spike-covered boots when I finally got my hands on him, I decided to focus on the battle before me and take stock of my body.

Head? It was pounding, but the bleeding had stopped, and thankfully, my double vision had cleared up. From what I could tell, I didn't think I had a concussion.

My mana? Low but slowly refilling one droplet at a time.

Left leg? It was still aching, and it couldn't bear a lot of weight for long, but it was bearable.

The shoulder where the spider and the mimic had bitten me was hurting but usable, and I had almost a full range of movement.

Overall, my combat capabilities had been reduced to around 30-40%. It was a shitty position to be in, yet I had to make it work somehow.

Squeak?

The mimic squeaked at me in apology as the numerous snake heads nuzzled my shoulder, neck, and head. Feeling the cool, slippery texture brushing against my overheated skin, I took a deep breath to order my thoughts.

"It's fine. Just turn into bird form and drag me away if I'm in danger again, and don't get damaged. I can't spare the mana right now."

Squeak!

It immediately transformed and settled on my head while leaving one thin snake-like appendage wrapped around my neck like a choker.

Crafting another mana potion and shoving it in my mouth, I began running in the opposite direction of Julius as I began shooting at it. Completely ignoring both the ring of flames and the bullets hitting it, the spider continued eating the scraps of spiders lying around it. Once I was a good distance away, I quickly analyzed it, which quickly drew its attention towards me.

[Shadow Mimic]

[Shapeshift - Steel Armored Darwin Bark Spider Queen]

[Disguise - Steel Armored Darwin Bark Spider Queen]

[Rank C]

[ Strength - B]

[ Intelligence: C]

[ Perception – B]

[ Speed: B ]

[ Magic power – C]

[Abilities: ▷Paralyzing Venom (C) ▷Camouflage (C), Armour(C) ▷Call(B)]

Fuck. Another mimic. And this one seemed slightly stronger.

"Eat?" The discordant voice whispered from the top of my head.

"Not yet. Wait until I tell you, and no talking."

As if it sensed me using Analyze, the spider stopped eating the scraps of spiders around it, spun around, broke the restrictive flame ring with a brutish snap of its legs, and quickly began charging at me at an insane speed.