Chapter 21 - An Interesting Proposal (2)

POV Lina Meraki

Asani Martin. Rank 1000. Broke. Weak in Combat. Gift Unknown. Unaffiliated. Not of interest.

Those were the notes Lina Meraki had written next to Asani Martin's name in the document she created which listed out the names of all the students in her year as well as her thoughts on their potential and how beneficial they could be to her.

When Lina Meraki saw the golden-eyed boy smirk as he approached her during class, she immediately turned away. There was no need to speak with an individual who was weak, had no social status to utilize, and worse of all had no capital.

For someone from the Meraki clan, the clan that produced the majority of magical goods used in the world and had greater GDP than most countries, the last one was the most egregious sin. Lina lived by a simple motto. You could be ugly. You could be weak. You could be stupid. But you could never, ever be broke. Talents, status, and even strength. All of it could be bought with enough money.

As she watched the professor drag Asani Martin away, she could only shake her head in pity. Evelynn Isolde would get off lightly with a fine but it looked as if the student would be in serious trouble with the professor. There was no point in thinking about him further.

Still, as she walked back to her bedroom at the Oasis, a luxurious mid-rise building on campus for white-ranked students, her fingers kept fondling the brick that was handed to her.

Once she arrived, she tossed it into a corner and forgot about it. Many people wanted to utilize her clan name for their 'business ideas' that were sure to make money and she was used to coldly shutting people down. But, as the days went by and she kept seeing the confident way he asked her if she had checked the brick, she thought that maybe there might be something there as he didn't have the eyes of a scammer looking to make a quick buck.

Since she had to reorganize her notes due to Evelynn Isolde being more volatile than expected, she would take the opportunity to investigate him as well.

She quickly pulled out her personal device and dialed a number.

"Yo yo!" A cheerful voice called out.

"Cassandra, I have another job for you."

"I'm listening."

"I have a couple of students I need you to investigate."

"Again? Alright, shoot."

"Julius Crimson. Sylvia Lancia. Drakon Domare. Rain Langely. And...Asani Martin. I want you to look into what they've been up to on campus and report anything weird or suspicious."

"Hmmm. Three of them are from the nine. You know that's triple the fee right?"

"That's fine."

"As expected from our rich young miss. Hmm...Asani Martin? Why does that name sound so familiar?"