Chapter 28 - First Dungeon (7)

"What the hell is going on? Why is half the forest on fire? Did the Crimson brat finally lose his temper?" Robin complained as he watched over a fourth of the forest on the island catch fire. The blaze was unstoppable, blazing through large areas and causing trees to burn and fall rapidly while causing monsters and beasts alike to flee in droves. It was honestly a massacre on a scale he hadn't seen before.

"No it wasn't him, it was another student battling Evelynn Isolde but we lost track of the two of them as the drones went offline," Swallow replied as she checked the large screen that was displaying the drone footage. As compared to earlier, the screen displayed far less footage, and of the ones that existed, the majority just displayed the raging flames.

"Shit. What about the students?"

"Most of them have scattered around and are waiting out the flames. Not to worry as our insiders have infiltrated quite a few groups. We can't do any pickups until the flames die down though."

"Tch. Any sign of Solomon Nova or any other students noticing anything?"

"No. Before losing sight of him, he was diligently hunting monsters."

"Fine. I have a bad feeling so you go to the Lighthouse and check on that bastard and ask for updates. I'll keep an eye out here and report to the professors."

"Got it."

****

"Calling Solomon Nova. Solomon Nova, if you hear this message you're parents are looking for you. Please follow the sound of this voice and show up." I spoke into my megaphone in a deadpan voice.

I had been walking through an unburnt portion of the forest all day in search of Solomon Nova as I had a couple of questions for him, mainly regarding what he could see with those eyes of his. Anytime I looked up at the sky, it wavered as if there was a barrier there and it appeared to be quite bright when looking at it in my mana vision. When I asked Lina about it, she claimed not to be able to see or sense anything, so I had to find the resident expert with special eyes and get his opinion. The sun was close to setting and not to talk of Solomon, I hadn't even seen any monsters. The smell of smoke still lingered in the air despite there being no sight of flames, so I guess they were either hiding away from the fire or scared by the loud noise I was making.

"Solomon Nova. Calling Solomon Nova. Please respond to this message. Your parents are looking for you."

"Yo. You called?" a voice suddenly spoke out and I glanced up to see the culprit looking down at me while hanging upside down from a branch.

"...where did you come from? And isn't blood rushing to your head?"

"It is and I feel very dizzy but it looks cool right?" he replied with a wide grin although his face was turning red.

At my unimpressed expression, he laughed before flipping himself to sitting upright on the branch.

"As for where I've been, I've been tailing you for a minute. It seems the range of your eyes is about a mile right? Anytime I got closer than that, it felt as if you could sense me."