Chapter 30 - First Dungeon (9)

I woke up to my body being squeezed by something cool in temperature while surrounded by a ring of fire. As I looked around, I caught sight of Julius Crimson staring at me with a serious expression while Solomon Nova looked on in amusement.

Seeing the mocking smile on Solomon's face, I wanted to reach out and slap it right off and pummel him to the ground. Instead, I decided to check my status screen.

[

Asani Martin

Child of the Nox Clan

Rank: E

▷Stats:

[Strength – E]

[Stamina – E]

[Speed – E]

[Perception – E]

[Vitality – E]

[Magic power – D]

[Intelligence – A]

[Charm – A]

Gifts: 3/3

Gifts: ▷Eye of Odin (D), ▷Beloved By Mana (E), ▷Mana Craftsman(E)

Curses: 5 Effects.

Blessing: 5 Effects.

Crimes committed: (0/1)

Familiar: Shadow Mimic (E)

[Abilities: ▷Spawn (E) ▷Devour (C) ▷Shapeshapeshift ▷Storage (E) ▷Disguise (E) ]

Mana attribute: N/A ]

On one hand, I was happy since I had finally moved up to Rank E though I truly couldn't guess what pushed my perception up. On the other hand, I was angry since I now had an unwanted tag-along. Thankfully, my status screen looked normal compared to the one Rachel and the boy had so I supposed I had to be satisfied with that.

I glared down at the offender. The shadow mimic was in the shape of a large snake and wrapped around my entire body like a blanket just within the ring of fire. Seeing that I was looking at it, it snuggled its face into my neck while squeaking happily.

Through a bond that connected the two of us, I could feel that it was happy to touch me, hungry for food and my mana, and hot from the flames.

Mentally pushing away the unwanted thoughts, I caught its eyes and hissed at it, "I'm going to kill you, you little bastard. Just you wait."

Rolling my eyes as it hid its head in my neck while sending feelings of fear and hunger, I glanced up at Solomon and Julius.

Catching my eyes, Solomon laughed before walking closer and squatting in front of me before he began poking my cheek.

Poke. Poke. Poke.

"So soft and squishy."

Restraining my temper, I ignored him.

Poke. Poke. Poke. My other cheek this time.

"So tender and mild."

I took a deep breath and ignored him again.

Poke.

[Scan has been partially resisted]

Poke.

[Scan has been partially resisted]

Poke.

[Scan has been partially resisted]