Chapter 25 - First Dungeon (4)

*****

Lina Meraki looked around her surroundings. She had been portaled into a rocky valley with no monsters or beasts in sight.

Of course, she also saw the 5 students surrounding her while brandishing their weapons. Seeing them march closer to her, she tried to negotiate even as she prepared for battle.

"Hand over your watch and hand over your pack!"

"I don't know why you're doing this. I don't even have any points yet." She sneered at the three girls and two boys closing in on her. Of course, she recognized them from her document.

Claire Alexander. Close range. Rank 380. Gift: Sink Hole. Moderately talented. Weapon: Sword

Nancy Dorsey. Close range. Rank 492. Unknown Gift. Moderately talented. Weapon: Sword

Gary McKay. Close range. Rank 860. Unknown Gift. Weak. Weapon: Sword

Sergio Gibson. Close range. Rank 712. Unknown Gift. Weak. Weapon: Spear

Joshua Byers. Close range. Rank 638. Speed Boost. Weak. Weapon: Sword

She focused her gaze on the highest-ranked student among them.

"It doesn't matter! We're tired of all of you 9 clan kids ruining everything for everyone! It's because of you all we got dumped on this island with no food and no supplies."

"I'm not the culprit. You should be taking your anger out on Solomon Nova. And besides," Lina sneered at them before continuing, "You could have packed supplies and prepared properly. We were all there when the professor instructed us. It's not my fault you didn't use your brains."

"You shut the fuck up!" one of the boys yelled out.

"Heh, don't worry about Solomon. We'll take him out too but first, we'll knock out the weak ones like you so the rest of us can have a fair exam. Don't worry we won't kill you. All you have to do is drop the bag and your watch." Claire replied as she brandished her sword.

"...You think I'm weak?" Lina asked them incredulously, her red eyes flashing with rage.

"Ahhh, don't be mad. You're not weak per se but compared to those monsters in the top 10, we can definitely take you with numbers. After all, it's not like the Meraki's are known for combat. Aren't you all bookworms in business? You probably bought that rank of yours." Claire laughed at Lina as she swung her sword at Lina.

Leaping back to avoid the swing, Lina landed stably and glared at them.

"Is that right?" Lina responded coldly. She dropped her bag, disregarding the small thud that sounded out, and propped it open, her small hands digging into it.

"I guess you're correct. Compared to those flashy kids, I might seem a bit weak. But if you think I bought my way into my rank, you're dead wrong. It does make me quite happy that you think I can afford to do so though."

Finished speaking, she ripped out a small brown colored orb from her bag, bit her thumb, and smeared blood over it. As the students watched her, she held the orb and slammed her fist to the ground, creating a hole as her arm sunk past her elbows.