Chapter 27 - First Dungeon (5)

Last chapter for the week, sorry for being late but I kept rewriting it and might still rewrite it again. 😓

If you're in the States, Happy Thanksgiving/Indigenous Day, and see you all again on Sunday!

*As always things that happened in the novel are not indicative of my viewpoints. Murder is bad.*

POV Evelynn Isolde

As she walked away from the annoying encounter with that lousy black rank student, Evelynn's mind began turning in circles as her anger began rising again. Ever since meeting that trashy black rank student, she felt as if nothing was going her way. She had gotten in trouble with the professors and even the students who supported her were slowly decreasing. Worthless weak individuals like Lina Meraki dared to talk back to her and even mock her openly

Remembering those gold eyes laughing mockingly at her, she gritted her teeth as she stomped through the forest.

She had to make him pay, had to make him kneel down before her begging for his life or her name wasn't Evelynn Isolde.

Rustle.

Without any thought, she immediately grabbed her spear and threw it directly at where the sound came from.

"Eeeeek!!"

Two boys came stumbling out of the bushes and she glared at them. The one on the left was slightly chubby and held a crossbow in his hands. His entire body except for his eyes was covered in mud and twigs and if her eyes didn't focus on him, he seemed to blend in with the bushes behind him. The other was whip-thin with dirty blonde hair who was holding a sword. Although he wasn't as dirty, a slight stench emanated from them and she wrinkled her nose in disgust.

"Do you want to die?"

"N-no! I'm sorry Miss Isolde! I'm a big fan and my dream is to join one of the Isolde family guilds once I graduate!"

"Same here! Please don't attack, we want to team up with you!"

"And why would I team up with weaklings like you?" she snarled as spears of ice began forming behind her."

"We have food at our camp! We're willing to share!!"

Evelyn: "......"

"Take me to your camp then and I'll let you go."

"Of course! Follow me!"

As she silently followed behind them, the peaceful silence was broken yet again.

"Miss Evelynn, I just want to say that I'm amazed at your strength! You're currently number four on the points board!"

"Shut up."

"Yes of course!"

A short walk later, they arrived at a small campfire surrounded by large logs with a small tent made of branches. There was a crude wooden bucket placed by the fire as well as a wooden spit over it.

As she looked around, Evelynn snorted derisively, "You made this?"

"Yes! My dad is a hunter so he taught me how to survive in the woods."

"It's ugly. Where's the food? I'm hungry."

"Coming right up! Please sit and warm your body. We'll begin prepping the food!"

Without any fanfare, Evelynn sat down on the largest log and watched the two boys.

The slim one backed away while the mud-covered one stood at the ready with his crossbow primed.

"Ready Roger?"

"I'm ready, release it!"

"Okay. Releasing now!"