Chapter 23 - First Dungeon (2)

I approached Solomon Nova since he was the most recognizable person on our team. He was standing next to Lionel Lionheart and as I got close, I saw that he was yawning while tiredly blinking his eyes.

Lionel seemed to glare at Solomon before he began walking away. As he passed me, his gaze paused momentarily before sliding right over me.

"Trash."

I ignored him and continued walking toward Solomon who turned toward me.

The crystal blue eyes looked tired but as we locked eyes, his eyes widened, and I felt a sharp pain shooting through my eyes while feeling as if something was trying to pry me open.

"What th-?"

[Scan resisted successfully]

He narrowed his gaze at me and I felt another sharp pain in my eyes.

[Scan resisted partially.]

Fuck. Seeing the messages kept appearing as he walked toward me, I immediately stopped and wanted to keep my distance.

"Interesting..." He murmured before grinning mischievously and shouting, "Yo black rank!"

As my expression darkened he laughed and held out his hand, "I'm kidding. I'm kidding. I was just imitating Evelynn. You're Asani Martin, right? Rank 1000."

"Yes."

"Those eyes of yours are quite interesting. You resisted my scan and just now didn't you? And even now I can't see what gifts you have. Curious." He tilted his head and I felt that sharp throbbing pain again. Pissed, I immediately tried to Analyze him in return. For the first time, I got a message I had never seen before.

[Analyze has been resisted]

I tried it again.

[Analyze has been resisted]

"Ohh? He fights back!" Solomon burst out laughing before scanning me again.

[Scan has been resisted partially.]

"Interesting. It makes me want to dig into that head and figure out what you're hiding."

I kept my voice neutral as I responded. "I have no idea what you're talking about."