Chapter 29 - First Dungeon (8)

Boom.

Purposely using an explosive bullet, I created a barrier in front of my face and watched as the headless body slowly tilted back before falling to the ground.

It became silent.

One second. Two seconds. Three.

"Urahhhh!"

The students huddled in a corner began throwing up as they stared at me with eyes wide with fear as tears began streaming down their faces.

"Y-y-you killed her. Murderer!" One of the girls stuttered out before she began screaming.

As the others joined her, I aimed the gun upward and shot into the air.

Boom! Boom!

Giving them a calm smile, I warned them, "The next person who screams gets it to the head. All of you, turn around and face the wall. Hands in the air where I can see them."

As they shivered, snot, tears, and vomit still streaming down their faces, I waved the gun at them.

"Hurry it up, I don't have all day."

The students glanced between Julius and me, then back to me before continuing to cry silently.

"You heard the kid. Turn around and shut up." Julius' calm voice could be heard over the sound of their tears and retching.

Seeing that they immediately obliged, I squatted in front of the boy snatching his glasses from his face and noticing how his eyes flickered like a moving shadow.

"Ready to talk?" I looked him up and down while pointing the gun at him. Although his face looked a bit green, his expression was just as fierce as before.

"... I have nothing to say to you. I won't cave in the face of the tyranny of the 9 clans. I thought someone like you would understand the plight of the common folk but I guess you're one of them after all."

"That's a long response when you could have just said no. Take a nap and reconsider. Crimson, knock him out."

"Hold your breath and cover your ears," Julius responded calmly before two small fireballs appeared by the boys' ears and a large one appeared over his head. Even as I quickly covered my ears, I could hear sequential bangs and felt the air in the cave as well as my lungs being dragged out and I had to brace my body against the sudden wind pulling me forward.

As the students began taking rough breaths, one by one they began to fall over.

The boy was the first to fall unconscious, his ears bleeding profusely, followed by polka dots who's ear was bleeding on one side. The rest of the students by the wall slumped over one after the other and the fireballs disappeared. Once I could breathe again, I glared at Julius in irritation.

"What?" he asked nonchalantly.

"You popped his fucking eardrums. How are we supposed to question him later?"

"Kid, you just said knock him out. You didn't say how. Next time be more specific." Julius shrugged, "We have bigger things to worry about anyway. Look at her body."

I turned to look at Rachel's body. Instead of laying still considering the head was missing, the body was twitching while what looked like blank ink was slowly collecting in a pool by her neck. The ink-like substance pooled in a flat shadow-like puddle before congregating into a shapeless blob. Curious, I poked it with my gun and it wiggled around with a 'blob blob blob' sound before it squeaked indignantly at me while raising a section of shadow like a fist. Laughing, I poked it again, marveling at the springy texture and it rolled around in a ball before splatting on the floor like a puddle.