Chapter 11 - First High Magic Academy (3)

I quietly caught up with Professor Silas Grande who gave me a curious look and asked.

"Did you know Professor Lee?"

Did I know a crazy lady who sniffed me on the first meeting? Hell no. Of course rather than saying that, I gently replied.

"Something like that."

"Ah, I see."

Professor Grande nodded to himself, then led me through the enormous campus while I did my best to memorize the path of where we were going.

Seeing me look around intensely, the professor laughed.

"Don't worry Student Martin, when we get to the student depo, you'll be given your device that will contain a map to help you get around. Until then just follow me. I want to get you signed in so you can catch breakfast at the cafe."

"Okay. Thank you again."

We walked for another 10 minutes until the professor led me to a large building with the words 'Student Depot' written on a large signboard. The building was a mix of old-school European architecture with modern touches which seemed to be the common theme.

As we walked through, the door automatically opened and the professor led me to a large counter. Behind it was a young woman with long blond hair tied up in a ponytail. She was wearing a white school uniform and was absentmindedly flipping through a book.

"Good morning Professor Grande. What brings you here tonight?" the girl asked cheerfully with a bright smile.

"A new student came in and was lost. Could you find his information and provide him with the basics for the day? Everything else can be delivered between tonight and tomorrow."

"Yes of course. May I please have your ID? I'll get you squared right away." She smiled softly at me before taking my ID and scanning it.

"Student Asani Martin. Rank...1000. Thank you, student." Her tone immediately became cold as she read out my details and handed the card back.

She got up without saying anything and went through the door behind the desk. A few minutes later she came out with a small box that she carelessly dumped on the counter.

"Your assigned watch is inside and can be used as identification on campus. As your information says you have no form of communication, the watch has been linked to a basic cell plan and can be used as a phone. When on campus you should always have it or your ID on your body at all times. All your student information and internal academy forums and sites can be accessed from your watch or any other computer on the school network. All that's needed is your student ID. You can ask a supervisor if you have any questions. Your assigned dormitory is called The Grotto, follow the directions on the campus map to get there or anywhere else. Will that be all professor?" she asked Professor Grande without glancing at me once.

Professor Silas Green looked her over and sighed. "That will be all thank you. Student Martin, please put your watch on and I shall lead you to your dorms."