Chapter 24 - First Dungeon (3)

*Disclaimer - things happening in this novel are fiction and not reflective of my viewpoints. Murder, torture (animal or otherwise), etc is not okay and not something I agree with. Nothing gory happens.*

As the rain continued pouring down, I put on the flimsy poncho and began walking through the dense forest after consolidating my packs of supplies. My first order of business was to get to high ground to get a good look around the island before finding a good camping spot.

Bzzz. Bzzz.

Slap!

"It's so fucking hot," I grumbled as I slapped away another bug flying around me. I was completely drenched in sweat and my hair hung limp over my face.

Screeech! Screeech! Screeech!

The sound of an animal rang out and I tilted my head back and glanced behind me without stopping.

I spotted a monkey no bigger than a small dog with green fur that allowed it to perfectly blend in with the foliage around it peeking out from behind a tree trunk. Pretending not to see it, I continued walking while analyzing it.

Vine Tailed Monkey

[Rank F]

[ Strength - F ]

[ Intelligence: F ]

[ Perception – E ]

[ Speed: E ]

[ Magic power – F ]

[Its tail is a long extendible vine that it uses to navigate the forest and control other plants. Its coloring allows it to blend in with the forest.]

Suddenly, our eyes met and it flinched before baring its teeth at me.

"Screeeeeeeeeeech!" the monkey howled before controlling a vine that yanked me up by feet and hung me upside down right in front of it.

"Wanna let me go?" I calmly asked while removing the safety of my gun.

"Screeeeeeeeeeech!"

The monkey howled with rage, exposing its sharp yellow teeth and causing spittle to splatter all over my face.

"Gross." I immediately shot it in the face, watching as the bullet flew directly to the center of its forehead.

"Chee Chee Chee Cheee!" the monkey laughed mockingly as a tree branch moved to block the bullet. As the monkey jumped, it swung me into a tree, then another before throwing me down to the ground.

Rolling to break my fall, I quickly got to my feet and began shooting at it. With a shocking display of agility, it wove and ducked through the branches before slinging itself at me.

Creating a barrier in front of my face, I allowed it to smash head first into it before grabbing it by the throat and slamming it into the ground, firing a bullet into the monkey's face and blowing its head off.