Chapter 12 - First High Magic Academy (4)

I woke up a couple of hours later to the sound of someone repeatedly ringing the doorbell to my room. When I opened the door, there was a package inside of a short wall-e-looking delivery robot.

[ Delivery for Student Asani Martin. Please scan watch or ID ] a little robotic voice sounded out.

I sleepily scanned the watch and collected the package once the front of the robot opened up.

"Thank you, little guy. Get back safely." I told it, even if it couldn't understand.

[ You're welcome Student Asani Martin ]

The eye on the robot blinked and flashed as it stood there. Curious as to what it was, I analyzed it.

[Delivery Bot 1028]

[Creator: Stein Meraki]

[A Mass Manufactured Delivery Robot]

"Thanks again. Get back safe."

I patted the top of the robot's head gently before closing the door.

Inside the package were three black uniforms, six pairs of training clothes, extra towels, and an array of underwear and socks all in my size.

A quick glance at my watch showed me that it was 9 p.m. I had slept the day away and was now hungry. I quickly linked my bank account to my watch and changed into training clothes and my hoodie. As I left, I contemplated leaving my brick behind but decided to bring it along as I followed the map to the cafeteria.

As I walked through the large campus, I marveled at the difference between this morning and right now. The beautiful scenery that was visible during the day now had a different vibe with the globes of floating light balls illuminating everything. Even though it was late, students were still bustling all around in groups of twos and threes around the campus but it was much quieter now. As I passed different buildings, I saw some older-looking students walking by with weapons openly attached to their backs and sides. Apart from that it truly looked peaceful, as if this were really a regular academy.

I strolled around the entire campus for a couple of hours, enjoying the peace and quiet while memorizing the paths to all the important buildings.

Eventually, I ended up in the cafeteria, a large modern building near the center of the campus. The inside was full of students in line to get food or sitting at the multiple tables spread around and chatting. Since I didn't know anybody, I got in line and grabbed a simple meal of roast chicken, vegetables, rice, and some apple juice.

"That will be 300 credits. Please use your watch to pay." An older lady smiled as I went to her to ring up my food.

Asani: "......"

300 credits? I stared incredulously at the old lady and couldn't help but ask.

"Big sister, did you make a mistake? 300 credits?" For reference, at the diner that I ate at this morning, the total came out to 200 credits for over 10 plates of food. The total money I had taken from James Clerr was a little over 20,000 credits. If I limited myself and only ate 3 meals a day, the money would be gone in a little over two months.

The old lady gave me a kind smile before she whispered conspiratorily.

"You remind me of my grandson so I am giving you the employee discount. It's usually 600 credits for the chicken meal set."

Asani: "Big Sis are you sure you can't give me another discount? Like another 200 credits off?"

"Hahaha, flattery will get you nowhere young man. This I the best I can do for you. If you make sure to come to eat around midnight each day, I'm usually working and can give you a discount."