Chapter 33 - First Dungeon (12)

As I walked through the forest, following the trail of white webs in the trees that got thicker and thicker while dodging the ones cleverly hidden throughout the forest floor, I couldn't help but curse Professor Lee and the entire academy staff out mentally. 

What kind of island had they thrown us into and why hadn't they scouted the place out or even properly investigated the heroes watching over us? Did they actually want us to die? Why weren't they scrambling to come get us and why did I have to team up with annoying people and deal with this bullshit? 

I continued grumbling to myself while making sure to walk quietly and without alerting the odd distant spider I spotted here and there.

Chirp?

Hearing the little mimic on my head, I quickly grabbed it before hiding behind a tree as a small group of three spiders scuttled by. These ones were larger than some of the ones I'd seen scurrying about. They were about the size of a large wolf and were black with thick wirelike black and gray hairs covering their entire body and eight brown banded legs that ended in sharp points. Their numerous bulbous green eyes glowed even in the daytime and they chittered as they walked.

As they passed by, I noticed they were dragging the body of what looked like a large deer bundled up in webbing. The thing was bleeding and leaking green pus with fang marks all over its visible body while bleating pitifully and I almost felt bad for it. 

The group of spiders stopped, and the one in the lead looked around while its jaw snapped open and shut as it looked around while waving its front two legs.

Holding my breath, I clamped my hand over the mimic's mouth and waited for the spiders to pass by. As they continued moving, I took the opportunity to Analyze the smallest one in the back.

Steel Legged Darwin Bark Spider

[Rank E]

[ Strength - E]

[ Intelligence: E ]

[ Perception – D]

[ Speed: E ]

[ Magic power – E ]

[Abilities: ▷Paralyzing Venom (E)]

[Able to spin and shoot sticky webs at a quick pace. Their legs are quite strong, able to pierce through even the hardest of rocks.]

The spider in the back paused to wave its front legs but the lead spider quickly chittered at it and they began moving once more.

After they disappeared, I released the mimic and chastised it.

"Can't you be useful and copy a spider and go infiltrate the spiders for me? Look at Lionel, a perfect copy of the original while you're here chirping like a little chicken. Don't you feel ashamed?"

As it chirped in confusion and offense, I rolled my eyes at its uselessness before tucking it back into my hair and cautiously following the spiders. As I continued walking, the forest continued to get darker and darker, with more webs covering more of the ground and trees.