Chapter 21

Sakuya's P. O. V:

I cry out as I'm suddenly shoved to the ground and there's a loud clang echoing through the clearing. Sparks fly as I blink up at Kyo who clashes his katana against the Grass ninja's kunai. The older teen has wide eyes as he barely manages to deflect the greenette's sword, who's forcing him back.

Kyo was the one who shoved me down and blocked the attack.

Homura rushes up to me and whines in concern as she studies me.

"I-I'm okay, Homura," I reassure her. She bends and I grip the fur on her shoulder blades so she can help me to my feet.

Ren, Homura and I watch in stunned silence as Kyo viciously swings his katana a few more times at the Grass ninja. I was filled with awe when Kyo expertly knocks the kunai out of his opponent's hand and slashes deeply down his arm.

The older teen cries out and staggers.

I let out a sharp gasp when I see Kyo about to plunge his sword into the boy's chest.

"Kyo, stop!" I exclaim as I run up to him and grab his sword arm, holding Kyo back.

"He hurt you when you promised to let him go," Kyo growls lowly, deep green eyes flashing with fury. "He shouldn't have attacked you like that."

"I know, but he didn't hurt me. We need him for the scroll, remember?" I gaze up at the tall boy with pleading eyes, tightening my grip on his arm.

It seems to last forever, but finally, the Suzumoto relents and relaxes his stance, but he keeps his sword gripped in hand just in case the other Genin attacked me again.

I turn and step up to him, hearing him groan. "Please just give us the scroll so we can be on our way," I plead. "I don't want any unnecessary fighting."

"Fine. You can have it," The boy growls before reaching into his weapons pouch and pulling out the white Heaven Scroll.

I take it from him as I say, "Thank you. You should probably get out of here."

"Tch! You don't have to tell me," He scoffs before turning and grabbing his unconscious teammates under each arm. Then he turns and leaves, bounding through the trees.

Once they were out of sight, I turn to my teammates and hold up the Heaven Scroll. "We got our second scroll!" I cheer. Kyo smirks as Ren whoops and fist pumps the air.

"Alright! I have a good feeling! Let's snag more scrolls," He suggests.

"Why? We already have bath scrolls," Kyo questions as I tuck the scroll into my weapons pouch and step back to my teammates.

"Well, that way, if we lose one, we'll have spares. Isn't that a great idea?"

I say wearily, "No. It's a stupid idea."

"Say whaaa?!"

"Sure, we got both of our scrolls, but it'll be dangerous to try to steal more. What if there are stronger enemies than us out there? Plus, if we leave now, we might make it to the tower before the other contestants!"

Kyo agrees, closing his eyes as he sheathes his sword, "She does have a point. It's better to play it safe."

Ren pouts as he mumbles, "Fine. I guess the sooner we get out of this stinking forest, the better off we'll be."

I nod, happy he agrees with my plan, and say, "Let's find a place to rest for the night."

🌸🌸🌸

My teammates and I find a safe clearing by a clear deep river that's filled with delicious fish. I'd healed my and my teammates' injuries awhile ago. While Kyo helps Homura set up the fire, Ren helps me catch fish for dinner.