Chapter 60

Sakuya's P. O. V:

The next morning, my team and I gather outside the inn as we prepare to start the mission.

"Saki-sama and Haru-sama have mentioned the Ryuzaki clan have hidden out in caves situated on the mountains," Kakashi says seriously. "I think we should—"

There's suddenly a scream from the civilians and we whirl around to see the Ryuzaki clan attacking the village.

"They're attacking the village!" Naruto exclaims.

"Scatter!" Kakashi calls, and we all split off to engage the Ryuzaki clan.

Homura, Kiba and Kyo go with me and we encounter a few enemy members already.

One does hand signs while activating his Kekkei Genkai, which has a deep blue iris with a vertical slit. "Earth Style: Earth and Stone Dragon!"

A huge dragon made of earth rises up with glowing amber eyes.

I unsheathe my katana and cut through its head as it nears me, startling the enemy.

"My sword, Saki Kiri, can cut through anything," I explain.

(I didn't have a chance to show it earlier, so I thought this would be a good moment for it.)

The man hisses before doing another set of hand signs. "Earth Style: Stone Column Spear!"

Spikes of earth shoot towards me. I'm pulled out of the way by an enlarged Homura. She then shoots her Exploding Flame Shot Jutsu at him, which he narrowly dodges.

"Fang Over Fang!" Kiba shouts as he and Akamaru drill towards anther Ryuzaki. He evades their attacks before shooting a ball of fire at them. Kiba and Akamaru barely dodge it.

"Wind Style: Hawk Bullet." Kyo blows put a wind bullet in the shape of a hawk that grazes his opponent's right shoulder. They hiss before launching several small fireballs at him.

Kyo dodges them, before sweeping out his arm. "Wind Style: Wind Blades Jutsu." The enemy dodges those with ease.

Crystal spikes shoot out of the ground and impale a couple of Ryuzaki, but others evade them before launching some Liquid Bullets.

Ren dodges before flinging out hexagonal crystal shuriken. A few fine their mark.

The enemy runs at me with a katana but I deflect it with mine, using my sword style, causing him to cut himself.

"Benizakure Flash." I swiftly slash my sword, managing to cut the man's left leg. "Water Forge Beheading." Water covers my blade and I swing it forward, emitting a stream strong enough to cut through chakra enhanced steel.

The man dodges. I sheathe my sword and do hand signs.

"Water Style: Moon's Pull Jutsu," I say before pulling out the water from my water skins at my hips.

I flick my arms rapidly and the man cries out as he's struck with my water whip attack.

I flick my stream of water again, knocking the Ryuzaki back.

He does a set of hand signs. "Earth Style: Rock Gun Jutsu." He shoots out several chakra infused rocks from his mouth.

I take them out of the air with my stream of water. I go to lash it at him but he dodges.

I continue flinging the water at the Ryuzaki, well aware of my comrades fighting nearby. I could even hear Kakashi mimicking another Ryuzaki clan member's attacks.

I see Sakura throw a kunai with a paper bomb attached and it catches her opponent off guard. Naruto then runs forwards and engages him in hand to hand combat.