Chapter 56

Sakuya's P. O. V:

I run along the ground with Homura beside me, while my teammates leap through the trees ahead.

I was using my Earth Release Sensing Jutsu to feel for vibrations in the ground in case of an ambush

I was on a team with Asuma, Choji, Ren, and Hotaru. Kyo was up front with Kiba, Sakura, Shino and Kakashi. Then it was Kurenai with Ino, Shikamaru, Sasuke and Hinata.

So far, I haven't felt any vibrations even though we've been travelling for about three hours now.

Choji grumbles, "I'm so hungry!"

I pout as I look into my bay to find a few packs of barbecue chips and bars of chocolate along with a couple of books and other necessities.

With a sigh, I take out a pack of barbecue chips and toss it up with my Wind Style chakra. "Here, Choji."

He looks surprised for a moment before catching the bay and possibly grinning down at me.

"Thanks! You're the best, Sakuya-chan!!"

"Sure thing, Choji," I respond before refocusing.

After about ten more minutes, the sound of Choji chewing fading away, Asuma calls down to me, having paused on a branch, "Well, Sakuya? Anything?"

I reply as Homura and I pause, shaking my head, "No, nothing. Only the other teams."

"Ok. Let's continue," The dark haired man commands before we resume leaping/running.

                       🌸🌸🌸

At sunset, we stop in a clearing.

Kakashi announces, "Alright. We should stop here for the night." We all dump our bags and groan in relief, plopping down on the ground. We then set about building a campfire and cooking fish from a nearby river.

"Hey, Sakuya, you sing, right?" Asks Sakura when we'd finished our meal. I nod my head. "Can you sing something for us?" Everyone else except Sasuke and Kyo murmur their agreement. We were all pretty tired from travelling today.

"Of course," I agree before a song comes to mind.

"When the cold wind is a-calling
And the sky is clear and bright
Misty mountains sing and beckon
Lead me out into the light
I will ride, I will fly
Chase the wind and touch the sky
I will fly
Chase the wind and touch the sky
Where dark woods hide secret
And mountains are fierce and bold
Deep waters hold reflections
Of times lost long ago
I will hear their every story
Take hold of my own dream
Be as strong as the seas are stormy
And proud as an eagle's scream
I will ride, I will fly
Chase the wind and touch the sky
I will fly
Chase the wind and touch the sky
And touch the sky
Chase the wind
Chase the wind
Touch the sky"