Chapter 86

Sakuya's P. O. V:

It's been a couple of weeks and I know that today is my fourteenth birthday.

I was sleeping in a bit because of that.

When my alarm goes off at eight thirty, I slam it off and yawn as I stretch. I sit up and smile at the three cars curled around me.

I pat each of them and they yawn and stretch too. Only Homura sits up as I get out of bed and find out my attire for the day.

I brush my hair before I pull on my gloves, grab my katana and Homura follows me down the three steps to the kitchen where I smell delicious food cooking.

"Something smells good," I comment, causing Kakashi to turn. He beams at me, standing at the stove.

"Good morning! I'm almost done with breakfast," He says.

I get out some fresh cat biscuits and milk and Konohana and Yuri appear in the kitchen. The three cats immediately dig into their food as I sit at the table.

Soon, Kakashi brings over some rice and egg rolls. Along with milk for us. He takes down his mask before he starts eating and I chew contentedly.

Afterwards, while Kakashi is washing up, I go and let Kin out into the field before throwing him a slab of hay. I pay his neck and kiss his nose before the palomino starts eating.

"See you later, boy," I tell Kin before I hear the doorbell go off. I blink my eyes in surprise.

"Who could that be?" I think before I head back inside.

As I reenter the kitchen, I stop short and gasp in surprise when I see my pink haired, pink eyed parents chatting with Kakashi, my dad's arms full of neatly wrapped presents.

"Mum! Dad! You're here?!" I exclaim in surprise, gaining everyone's attention.

Mum says as she smiles, "Why wouldn't we want to be here for your birthday in person?" I run up to my parents as dad sets the presents on the table and throw myself at mum in a fierce hug. Dad joins in.

He adds, "Since we don't have to deal with the Ryuzaki clan anymore, your mother and I are able to visit you a little more often."

"This is the best birthday present ever!!" I say excitedly. "I've missed you guys a lot!" We hug a moment more before pulling apart. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

Mum says, smiling with her eyes closed, "Well, it wouldn't have been much of a surprise if we did tell you, now would it?"

Dad adds, glancing to the Hatake watching us with a closed eye smile, "We made sure that neither Kakashi nor the Hokage told you."

I whip my head to the silverette as I demand, "You knew they were coming and you never told me?"

"Like your mum said: it was a surprise," He says. "Their visiting is also a kind of present from Tsunade."

I smile as I make sure to thank her later.

"Are you ready for some presents?" Dad asks.

I gape at the huge pile before nodding and saying, "Yes!!"

🌸🌸🌸

I spend the whole morning with my parents and Guardian, opening up present after present.

Mum got me some jewellery and a fancy brush for my cats. She also got me a new saddle cloth for Kin, which is purple. My first one was pink. Dad got me a bunch of pink and purple kimonos, and Kakashi got me two books; one fantasy and one romance (nothing like Icha Icha, of course.)