Chapter 34

Sakuya's P. O. V:

I spend the next few minutes tending to both Akamaru's and Kiba's wounds. I'd finished healing the smaller wounds Kiba received and I'm now healing his head while he sits up in a hospital bed, his eyes glued to me the whole time.

After several heartbeats, I'd finished healing his head wound and pull back, dumping the water around my hands back into the small bucket beside me the medics had brought in. I sit back on my heels with a sigh, swiping the back of my hand across my forehead.

I ask Kiba, dropping my hand, "How do you feel?"

"Heh. Good as new! Thanks!" He says, making me smile. "How's Akamaru?"

I say, glancing to the puppy asleep at Kiba's side, "With some rest, he'll be fine in a few hours." Kiba looks relieved by this.

"So, what's with that cool Water Style Jutsu?"

"Huh? It's a Jutsu only my clan knows," I reply, flicking my gaze back to him. "A Healing Jutsu called Healing Touch."

"Well, it works wonders! And, thanks again for saving Akamaru, Sakuya-chan," He says.

I say, "Anytime."

Kiba's grin drops as he sighs, "I just hate that I lost. I was hoping to impress you by winning against Naruto. I didn't even make it past the Preliminaries."

I stare at him as I say, "Kiba, you did impress me!" He looks at me in surprise. "I thought your fight against Naruto-kun was awesome!"

Kiba blushes at my compliments. He says happily, "Gee, thanks, Sakuya-chan! That means a lot, coming from you."

I call for the nurse to bring some beef jerky and chocolate chip cookies, as well as some soda, before I perch on the other bed, Homura curled on the foot of the bed.

As we eat our snacks, Kiba asks, "So what's the deal with Kakashi? He seems pretty overprotective, huh?"

I deadpan as I say, "You could say that. It's only because he was given a mission by my mum to guard me and watch over me when I first came to the Leaf Village."

"Why?" Asks Kiba.

"Well, it's because I'm the granddaughter of the chief of the Land of Blossoms, and that's my grandfather, on my mother's side. Mum hired Kakashi to guard me when I was six because our homeland was being invaded by another clan. Then, she sent me to live with him as my Guardian in the Hidden Leaf Village."

"Why was your homeland invaded?" Kiba asks curiously.

"Because our clan has mostly kept to ourselves from the mainland and haven't had much to do with the outside world. So other ninja would want to discover our secrets. And, also, Kakashi is like an older brother to me, so maybe that's why," I add thoughtfully.

Kiba and I chat for awhile longer until the medics rush in, asking for me to go to the Emergency Room to treat an unconscious Hinata, who'd gone into cardiac arrest due to a powerful blow from her cousin.

Feeling my blood boil with rage at what Neji had tried to do, I immediately set to work by wrapping water around my hands and placing them over Hinata's left chest. My hands glow a faint white light as the medics leave and I begin to heal my friend.

My teeth gritted, I think in shock, "Just what was Neji doing?! Was he seriously trying to kill Hinata?! I swear, when I'm done here, I'm gonna give that bastard a piece of my mind!!"

Hinata had had ten minutes due to lack of a pulse, but luckily, with my Healing Touch Jutsu, I was able to heal her completely.

I turn to the medics after dumping the water, "Hinata will recover from now on. Take her to the infirmary." The medics look both awed and relieved but my face still looks like a storm ready to burst.