Chapter 68

Third Person's P. O. V:

Hotaru watches the backs of her two remaining students as they walk back from the Hokage Tower after their latest D Rank mission of helping a delivery.

A gloomy aura swirls violently around Ren while Kyo remains deathly silent, his eyes distant.

Hotaru feels a bit worried about them; they've been like this since the got back from the Land of Blossoms two months ago.

"This just sucks," Ren grumbles. "Why do we keep getting these lame missions? What's even the point?"

Hotaru lets out a sigh. "They're just missions, Ren. But, something tells me you're not just upset about the missions, are you?" They stop and glance at one another before looking to their Sensei. "Ren, when we were on that last mission and were attacked by robbers, you yelled out your sneak attack and almost got yourself killed. I thought I taught you sneak attacks won't work if you say them aloud."

Ren pouts as he crosses his arms. "So? I was still running at him from behind, wasn't I?"

"And, Kyo, you somehow ended up turning your attacker's technique into a pile of fluff," Hotaru says, switching her gaze to the greenette.

"...... At least it was soft enough for him to land on," Kyo mutters.

"I get the feeling you're both like this because of Sskuya. Is that it?" Hotaru guesses. There's a moment of silence before both boys slump on the ground with intense gloomy aura around them, startling the blonde. "... I rest my case."

"I want Sakuya-chan back," Ren whines. "I almost miss her punching me twenty metres through the air!!"

"That's saying something," Mutters Kyo, causing Ren to whip his head around to him.

"What was that?! Don't tell me you don't miss her, either! In fact, I remember you having once had a crush on Saku—"

Ren is cut off by Kyo punching him into a wall. With an anime vein, the green eyed boy asks wryly, "How's that punch for you?"

Ren groans, sprawled against the wall of a building as he twitches from obvious pain, "..... Didn't even feel it... you don't punch nearly as hard as Sakuya-chan...."

With another groan, he slides off the wall and face plants the ground with a thud.

Hotaru heaves a sigh of exasperation.

"Hey, what's going on here?" They look up to see Kakashi heading in their direction. He pauses and blinks down at Ren, sprawled on his face on the floor. "And why is Ren lying like that?"

"They're upset because Sakuya's not here," Hotaru sighs. "And Kyo just punched Ren because he was annoyed with what Ren was about to say about Sakuya."

Understanding glints in Kakashi's eye. He says as Ren picks himself up and rubs his nose, "Look, guys, we all miss Sakuya. Naruto and Kiba especially. But she's with her family again after so long. You should be happy for her and just move on with missions." He gives them a closed eye smile. "Besides, didn't she say it was only for a few weeks?"

Ren says as he crosses his arms, "Yes, but it's been two months! And you don't know how insufferable it's been putting up with this moody guy over here." The blonde jabs his thumb at his teammate who whips him a shadowed glare.

"Who are you calling moody?" Kyo retorts.

Ren gives Kakashi a pointed look. "See?"

Kakashi and Hotaru exchange glances with one another.

"I'm sure Sakuya will be back any day now," Hotaru reassures her students as Ren gets to his feet. "So, try to look forward to that, okay?"

Kyo and Ren silently nod their heads, hoping that their missing teammate would soon return.

Sakuya's P. O. V:

I was sitting with my friends on a hill overlooking the village when Misaki comes up to us with news.

"What?!" I exclaim, jumping to my feet. "Are you serious?! Leaf ninja are coming in a few days to form an alliance?"

Misaki nods his head in confirmation. "They are! Isn't that great?"

"It is, it's just, why? We've never once had an alliance with anyone," I say.

Sanna muses, "Well, maybe after what happened with the Ryuzaki, your parents agreed to form an alliance with the Hidden Leaf."

I smile happily. Ever since I went to live there, I've always wanted my clan to form an alliance with the Hidden Leaf. Now, it seems, it's actually happening.

"I can't wait!" I squeal. "I wonder which Leaf ninja are coming?"

Misaki tells me, "I don't know. Your parents didn't say."

"Well, this will definitely be good for the Land of Blossoms," I murmur, bending down and stroking Homura.

🌸🌸🌸

I see my Grandmother later that day and tell her about the alliance. We sit in a sitting room in the Tower.

"What do you think about this alliance, Grandmother?" I ask.

"I'm not sure. For years, we Fujikami have gone without forming alliances. I don't know if we really need one," She says before sipping her tea.

"I think it's a great idea! Times are changing, Grandma. I just know this alliance will be good for the Fujikami and the Land of Blossoms," I murmur happily.

Grandma doesn't say anything.

                        🌸🌸🌸

About five days later, I wear my casual outfit as I stand with my parents at the beach to welcome the Leaf ninja.

So far, I don't really recognise any of them.

"Welcome to the Land of Blossoms," Dad greets as Leaf ninja step onto the island. They glance at me as they walk past and I smile and nod my head back to them in acknowledgment.

"Oh, I don't know any of these guys, Homura," I say to the nekomata who meows in agreement.

"Welcome back, my friend," Dad greets a ninja, gaining my attention.

"It's good to see you again, Kakashi," Mum adds.

I perk up and hurry forward, pushing past my parents. My face lights up at the sight of the familiar silver haired Jounin. "Kakashi!!" I squeal happily. Before he has any time to react, however, I have thrown myself on him in a hug. "It is so good to see you! I've missed you a lot."

He chuckles. "I've missed you, too, Sakuya. How have you been?"

I pull back as I reply, "Great! How are Kin, Konohana and Yuri doing?"

"Very well. Kyo's been exercising Kin almost every day for you."

I smile at the thought, since I know he owns a horse as well.

I ask, "What about Naruto and the others?"

"They've been coping. Though your teammates are a bit of a mess," Kakashi answers.

"Oh. That doesn't sound good," I mutter.

"Come, and we shall discuss the details," Dad says as he gestures for Kakashi to follow him.

I go with them.

                          🌸🌸🌸

"So you'll be leaving in a few days?" I say to Kakashi as we walk through the streets after the meeting. He nods, orange book in hand.

"We are. Do you want to come back with us?"

I pause and think about it. Was I ready to return? It's been two months.

"Tsunade-sama wants you to come back as soon as possible, since you have the ability to calm Naruto down when the Nine Tails takes over him," Kakashi tells me. He stops to look back at me.

"She wants me back now?" I ask.

"You don't have to decide now, but she needs you there for Naruto."

I gaze at my Guardian, thinking about my decision.

I smile as I say, "Then, let's go home!"