Chapter 73

Sakuya's P. O. V:

As the rest of the earth dome crumbles away, Shikamaru says, smiling, "Well, Choji, there's no other way of putting it. That was awesome!" Choji chuckles.

I give a flat look as I ask, "Hey, uh... what about me? If it weren't for me, Choji would never have busted you out."

Shikamaru tells me sincerely, "Nicely done, Sakuya-chan." I grin as I blush lightly at his praise.

"By the way, I knew you were bluffing back there," I tell him sheepishly.

"Yeah, right, Sakuya-chan! You were just as fooled as the rest of us!" Kiba tells me knowingly to which I respond with a sheepish chuckle, rubbing the back of my head with my free hand.

He's right, though. I was just as fooled as they were.

The Sound nin murmurs with narrowed eyes, "They managed to escape my barrier ninjutsu..."

Shikamaru states, "He's by himself. Guess the others went on ahead."

I tell them, my Earth Release Sensing Jutsu activated, "That's right, Shika-kun. I don't feel any of their vibrations."

Neji says with his Kekkei Genkai activated, "You're correct. They're nowhere to be seen."

Shikamaru grumbles, "Swell. And just when I think we'd finally caught up to them."

The Sound nin says as he claps slowly above his head, "Not a bad bit handiwork, you guys... for a bunch of losers!"

I glare as Naruto demands, "What?!"

"Who are you calling losers?!" Kiba hisses and my eyes jerk wide as I realise they were going to lunge at him.

I go over and see to their wounds. Shikamaru has a gash on his right wrist.

"Shikamaru, let me see your wrist," I say and he nods. After I heal his wrist with my clans Healing Touch Jutsu, I then replenish their chakra by placing my hands on their backs.

Once I was done, Kiba and Naruto go to lunge at the enemy.

"Now that we're out, you're toast, pal!" Kiba says in annoyance.

"Out of the way! This guy's mine!" Naruto snaps back.

However, the Sound ninja easily throws them back.

"You're their other leader? Some example you're setting, hiding in the shadows like a coward while your teammates suffer," The Sound nin mocks me.

I do swift hand signs. "Earth Style: Earth Control." Earth covers the man's feet. "That ought to do it."

I gaze at him with a shadowed gaze

"You really think this is enough to hold me, little Princess?" The man mocks before he simply tears himself free from my Jutsu, causing my pink eyes to jerk wide as I let out a gasp.

"He broke out of my Jutsu?! That's impossible!"

The man chuckles as he starts to run at me.

"Sakuya-chan, look out!" Naruto and Kiba call. I thrust my chakra filled fist at the Sound nin but he ducks to avoid it.

As he nears me, Homura blurs past and throws the man onto this back. She gets right in his face as she snarls warningly.

"You damn fleabag...!" The Sound nin hisses, glaring daggers at Honura as she keeps him pinned down. "Get off of me!"

"I won't let you hurt them! You'd have to go through me, first, fatso!" I hiss back, before Homura digs her claws into him. He cries out in pain. "As well as Homura."