Chapter 47

Sakuya's P. O. V:

I stand in my bedroom as I finish getting ready for the funeral. Many lives were lost in the battle against the Sand and Sound ninja.

Along with the Hokage's.

I'm grateful to everything he's done for me. He took me in and accepted me despite the fact I was an outsider.

I could never hope to repay his kindness now.

The foreign ninja here for the Chunin Exams left not longer after the invasion, including the Land of Blossoms ninja. That's what makes me even more sad now.

I stand at the gate with my clan members and teammates, along with Kakashi as I see them off.

"So, I still can't come home?" I ask solemnly.

Ayame sighs sadly and shakes her head. "I'm sorry, Sakuya, but I'm afraid not. It's still too dangerous for you. But I'll give your report to your parents along with your message."

I hang my head as my Leaf Village comrades gaze at me sympathetically, and Homura meows sadly.

"Oh. Okay," I say quietly, not looking at anyone.

Sanna and her teammates gaze at me sadly.

I've been even more depressed about that ever since.

Solemnly, I finish tying the white obi around my waist, having dressed in a black long sleeved kimono.

I take one last look in my floor length mirror before I tie my headband around my forehead and slowly exit my bedroom with Homura in her neko form

I don't meet Kakashi on the way down the hallway. The house was empty, silent. With just me and my kittens. I get the feeling Kakashi is at the Memorial Stone.

I turn and step out of the house to meet up with my teammates.

You could feel the dreariness in the air, a dark cloud hovering above us as I go to meet up with Kyo, Ren and Hotaru.

Without a word, we walk toward the Hokage tower for the funeral. A chill wind blows across the street.

The funeral was to take place atop the Hokage tower. We were all with our teams, with me next to Kiba; the ninja are on the roof, with ANBU and civilians below. Before us is a long table decorated with pictures of those who've died in the battle, along with all four Kage.

The two village elders, Koharu Utatane and Homura Mitokado, stand in front of it. They were both really old with gray hair. Suddenly, it starts to rain, as though the sky itself is crying.

Kurenai murmurs, "It's raining."

"Even the heavens weep," Says Asuma.

Koharu speaks up. "We are gathered here to remember and honour not only the Third Hokage, but all those who have sacrificed themselves in this battle, so that our village would survive."